We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a resort - resort reef & dive centre Ari Atoll

Maun, Botswana
Level Contributor
77 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for a resort - resort reef & dive centre Ari Atoll

My husband and I are divers but we can't do a liveaboard because we have a 5 month old son. We're looking for a resort with a good resort reef (to dive closeby) and dive centre (for zodiac boats further away maybe) - somewhere in Ari Atoll (I think north ari atoll is better for diving?! I may be wrong). We're going in MARCH 2014 and looking to stay around a week.

Budget is somewhere around $3000 excluding flights (this is an estimate, we have no idea what pricing is like there). We're looking for other activities as well that hotels offer, not just diving - but diving is important. We like to be comfortable (hot shower, private room) but not into 5 star luxury - guesthouses are good for us, we're not fussy :)

Thank you!

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,398 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a resort - resort reef & dive centre Ari Atoll

there is no point in us suggesting resorts for you . this is a last minute booking at a time where resorts are fully booked up to a year or even more in advance and those in lower end price range and with good reefs go first.

I strongly suggest that you get with a specialized travel agent immediately and find out what your options are this late in the game and we will gladly opine if you bring this short list to us . look for names like vilamendhoo , angaga or maayafushi to pop up on that list and you have a winner in those.

I personally prefer the south ari atoll for more relaxed sites .. but the north has some legendary sites as well and some are a fantastic challenge for the experienced and highly experienced diver.

2. Re: Looking for a resort - resort reef & dive centre Ari Atoll

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, January 28, 2015