We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

meeru or sun island?

Birmingham
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Topic
meeru or sun island?

further to my previous post i have found more info on meeru jwv and i see that the jacuzzi is actually on the sun deck - the jwv looks superb (indeed a shade better than wv on sun island?). i am tempted to go meeru i would like to know what the beaches are like on the resort esp around the jwv side and also the swimming as this could make or break it - sun island from photos seems to have even better beaches? also i have read that meeru is a 20min sea plane so could someone confirm this is possible as opposed to the boat.. thanks? based on the above i would appreciate comments on where to go (which resort offers the better experience?) thanks very much!!

Stavanger, Norway
Level Contributor
4,145 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: meeru or sun island?

Hi

I can only comment on Sun Island. My wife and I went there a couple of years back and the beaches were great. Even if this is a larger island there were not many people on the beach and it never felt crowded in any way...it felt empty. Many people enjoyed just relaxing around the big pool or sitting in the pool bar. I have a trip report from Sun Island that I can share with you if you are interested. Get in touch on gardkarlsen@hotmail.com and I'll get back to you. I'm sure that which ever resort you choose you will have an excellent time. The Maldives is so beautiful.

Regards

Gard

Stavanger, Norway

uk
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: meeru or sun island?

More sites appear all the time on various resorts it's great and makes it so much easier to choose a resort.

www.meerufenfushi.co.uk