We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in the Maldives for August?????

Plymouth, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Weather in the Maldives for August?????

Hi All

Has anyone travelled to the Maldives during the month of August? We are looking to book our honeymoon there this year but the weather is concerning, be interesting to know what the weather has been like for everyone?

Thanks

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in the Maldives for August?????

Hi and welcome to the forum

It will be hot

It might rain.

The chance of rain/cloudy days is less from Jan - Apr. The rest of the year has a higher risk and hence lower prices.

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
1,010 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in the Maldives for August?????

Likely to be mixed weather, mostly sunny/cloudy, bit of rain which will dry quickly, still very hot.

Could be non stop sunshine and blue sky.

Could be non stop rain.

Anything could happen and last year's or any of the years before have little bearing on this year's weather.

I remember asking myself the same questions and you just want someone to reassure you but it can be different from island to island it's that changeable.

You will have a great time and will still easily get sunburn through clouds. On a plus if it is overcast there will be less fish hiding under coral :-)

Plymouth, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in the Maldives for August?????

Yes assurance is always good, I keep getting mixed optinions but mostly good, I am combining with dubai so at least I will have a few days of guaranteed sunshine :o)

We are looking at the kuredu island resort as we have a little one.

Thanks

Norwich, United...
9 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in the Maldives for August?????

Hi

Coming out to reethi beach next week on honeymoon. Can any1 let me know what the weather is like out there at the moment please

Edited: 5:24 pm, March 02, 2014
Norwich, United...
9 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in the Maldives for August?????

Or what it is like for next week?? Have looked at long forecast and it shows a lot of rain, does it clear quickly if you get a thunderstorm??? Feel a bit depressed now I've looked at weather forecast :-(. Please can some1 reply ASAP and cheer me up. Many thx Andy

Kent, England
Level Contributor
4,473 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather in the Maldives for August?????

I don't think I've ever seen a clear Maldives forecast........

It's the middle of peak season, the weather will be magnificent! Check out some of the live cams tomorrow, komandoo and kuredu both have them.

Madrid, Spain
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
4,074 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather in the Maldives for August?????

As we tell everyone, don't look at the forecast a, they almost always say rain.

Norwich, United...
9 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather in the Maldives for August?????

Hi Jody

Thx for your reply. Could you let me know please, how I get to the live cams on both of the islands you mentioned.??

Lincolnshire...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
9,075 posts
294 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather in the Maldives for August?????

Here you go, all the links are in here...

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g293953-i7445-k6…

10. Re: Weather in the Maldives for August?????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 05, 2015