We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help for Couple with a 5 year old daughter

Bawtry, United...
Level Contributor
386 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Help for Couple with a 5 year old daughter

HI We have been to the Maldives previously but before our daughter was born we are looking to visit again in April this year but wondered if anyone can recommend a child friendly resort.A couple of resorts say they have kids clubs but its not that we are looking to send our daughter away from us on holiday its more that we would like her to be able to play with other children on the beach etc.

Thanks in advance

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,176 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help for Couple with a 5 year old daughter

Hi

You've left it quite late to book for this April as it is still high season. It may be a case of what is available rather than anything else. Family friendly resorts are generally thought of as Bandos, Centara Grand, Lily Beach.... There is a good FAQ on the right of the page with links to the latest info on child friendly islands. Also the top one lists things that you might want to consider when planning a holiday.

However at this stage, your best bet is probably to see what is actually available from a reputable tour operator and then come back with a short list. Purely Maldives, Simply Maldives, Travelbag have all been used successfully by forum members.

SL

Mentioned in this post
Bandos
Bandos
North Male Atoll
Centara Grand Island
Centara Grand Island
Southern Ari Atoll
Lily Beach Resort & Spa
Lily Beach Resort & Spa
2,313 Reviews
Huvahandhoo Island
Swanwick, United...
Level Contributor
4,419 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help for Couple with a 5 year old daughter

Good suggestions by Sunlover above. Not sure what your budget is? But if on the low side have a look at Chaaya Reef Ellaidhoo. There were a few children when we went, the pool has a shallow bit for children to play in and the spare bed in the room is quite large (not a camp bed). I slept on it myself when I went with my adult daughter in July. They also have a small play area and the reef in places is quite close to shore if you wanted to show your daughter Nemo.

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
9,225 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help for Couple with a 5 year old daughter

Hi

To add to SL & T23 list,,,

Reethi Beach

Vilamendhoo

Kuredu

Good luck with your search :-)

Darryl

Mentioned in this post
Reethi Beach Resort
Reethi Beach Resort
2,125 Reviews
Baa Atoll
Kuredu Island Resort & Spa
Kuredu Island Resort...
8,409 Reviews
Kuredu
Colchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,469 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help for Couple with a 5 year old daughter

I think that you will find that Reethi Beach is fully booked until May.

I always find the FAQ a really good place to start, good luck finding somewhere perfect

xx

Mentioned in this post
Reethi Beach Resort
Reethi Beach Resort
2,125 Reviews
Baa Atoll
london
Level Contributor
131 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help for Couple with a 5 year old daughter

We have just booked Iru Fushi for April. We are travelling with our two daughters ages three and six, the eldest is in Year One. Irus Fushi was recommended by several people on here that had travelled with a young family. We are not looking for a kids club either, though Iru Fushi has one. What attracted us was the great price for a beautiful island and the fact that the rooms are huge and of a high standard. The beach villas come with enclosed gardens so we thought that at least we have some outside space where we can relax together a bit more knowing that the girls are confined! You also get a beach pavillion with the deluxe villas so get some guaranteed shade on the beach. We booked with Amit from Simply Maldives, he was incredibly helpful.

Reethi Beach and Centara are both full.

Mentioned in this post
Iru-fushi
Iru-fushi
Noonu Atoll
Reethi Beach Resort
Reethi Beach Resort
2,125 Reviews
Baa Atoll
London, United...
Level Contributor
408 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Help for Couple with a 5 year old daughter

Lots of good suggestions above, we've taken our children to Reethi Beach, Bandos and Iru Fushi, as well as a few others, we love Reethi but it's fully booked for most of April.

Iru Fushi was lovely with a particularly impressive kids club and family pool. Our boys loved going to the kids club even though they'd never been keen before! The only drawback is the snorkelling on the house reef is quite tricky, not suitable for taking a child out to, although there are fish and coral to be seen in the lagoon which is great for swimming, being shallow and sandy. Rooms are huge and gorgeous and the outside bathroom is basically a big garden with a bed where you can retire for a drink after your daughter is in bed. Food and drink prices are quite steep but kids eat free which helps.

But the only island where I've personally seen lots of children is Bandos, I'd say your daughter would be more likely to find playmates there. It has great snorkelling, wasn't particularly impressed with the kids club.

Good luck with your search, I would advise getting something booked asap as April is filling up fast.

Paula from Magic of Maldives

Mentioned in this post
Reethi Beach Resort
Reethi Beach Resort
2,125 Reviews
Baa Atoll
Bandos
Bandos
North Male Atoll
Iru-fushi
Iru-fushi
Noonu Atoll
7. Re: Help for Couple with a 5 year old daughter

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:31 am, January 10, 2015