We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help With Choosing Resort

Montgomery, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Help With Choosing Resort

Hi

I apologise that this is a frequently asked question but it is so important to make the right choice.

We are planning on traveling to Maldives in February for 10 nights. We are 2 adults and 1 child age 8 our budget is 7,500 including flights and we are hoping to get FB. We are looking for a resort that has pool spa and dive centre. Good quality spacious rooms with nice furnishings are a must, given the budget we have narrowed search down to Sheraton Full Moon and Bandos. At Bandos we can get a jacuzzi beach villa, however, I am concerned that the rooms will be "tired" and that buffet restaurant will not have e nought variety for FB for 10 nights. With the Sheraton I am concerned over room size.

Any help on either of these resorts or suggestions for different resorts would be greatly appreciated

Regards

Sue

Mentioned in this post
Bandos
Bandos
North Male Atoll
Hampshire
Level Contributor
2,612 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Help With Choosing Resort

Hi Sue

i am unsure how you have arrived at these 2 - but I beg you to not book Sheraton.

It is directly under the take-off flight path and really not a very nice example of a Maldivian island (especially for your proposed 10 nights).

Maybe offer the forum any other requirements you have and they can make suggestions for you ?

Best wishes

Richard from PurelyMaldives

suffolk
Level Contributor
3,747 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help With Choosing Resort

Sue, I'm with Richard.....Sheraton would be my last choice.

Here are some other islands with jacuzzi beach villas (is this a must have?), all of them should be within budget and all of them will be FAR better options than the aforementioned:

Bandos

Kandooma

Kuramathi

Kuredu

Meeru

Veligandu

All have good points and bad points.....we're all still striving for perfection!

Why don't you contact a good agent such as Purely Maldives who will be more likely to recommend something more suitable for you than perhaps the big multi nationals can (or will).

John

Mentioned in this post
Bandos
Bandos
North Male Atoll
Kuramathi
Kuramathi
North Ari Atoll
Kuredu
Kuredu
Lhaviyani Atoll
Montgomery, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help With Choosing Resort

Hi

Thank you very much for your replies I will certainly contact purely Maldives today

A jacuzzi beach villa is not a must I just need a room that accommodates extra bed comfortably

Sue

Montgomery, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help With Choosing Resort

Hi Richard

These 2 were suggested by agent as being within budget and child friendly

Is it possible to contact you off the forum to discuss?

Regards

Sue

suffolk
Level Contributor
3,747 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help With Choosing Resort

Many islands have big enough rooms for 3 people, pools and spas.

Buffet food is generally rotated so you get different food every day.....salads and breads etc are usually pretty similar.

You mention a dive centre.....if you are divers then South Ari Atoll is the best for diving. Vilamendhoo for it's reef, Athuruga is a step up in class, Sun Island (not often recommended on here) is a very big island.....your 8 year old might appreciate a bigger island more.

If you have any other priorities that would be helpful. Bear in mind there are more than 100 resort islands.

John

Edit.....pm Richard through the forum by clicking on his name and selecting "send message"

Edited: 2:05 am, October 18, 2013
Mentioned in this post
Vilamendhoo
Vilamendhoo
Southern Ari Atoll
Lincolnshire...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
9,247 posts
299 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help With Choosing Resort

This FAQ link may help too:

tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g293953-c141147/Mal…

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
9,127 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help With Choosing Resort

Komandoo

Filitheyo

If you fancy a look at komandoo check out the video on one of the threads ,the same type of video is available for kuredu

Good luck

Darryl

http://www.purelymaldives.co.uk/

Mentioned in this post
Komandoo
Komandoo
Lhaviyani Atoll
suffolk
Level Contributor
3,747 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help With Choosing Resort

Darryl.....you know very well Komandoo is adults only......that's why you're going there!!!!!

Remember?

John

Mentioned in this post
Komandoo
Komandoo
Lhaviyani Atoll
9. Re: Help With Choosing Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 3:03 am, October 18, 2013
England, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
9,127 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Help With Choosing Resort

Woops

I didn't read the post properly ;-)

Sorry