We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

PHH threads....where are they?

Lincolnshire...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
9,247 posts
299 reviews
Save Topic
PHH threads....where are they?

I can't seem to find any of the PHH blog threads now...

BMEH - I was wondering what happened when you got your final bill? I remember a couple of you had taken them up on their fab AI deal, you being the first to go, but you mentioned in your truncated blog about having to sign chits on the island. The latest review mentions some problems with getting billed when in AI too ;-)

“Fantastic times” by Deeborn1961 Belfast - 4 stars out of 5 "I didn't want to go to this lovely place because of the lonnnggg travel time but it was totally worth it. The fabulous elegant room (with a proper hairdryer - v important) had an outdoor pool and bath and a view of the beach. The lovely location, fabulous reef, stupendous infinity pool, some great food, friendly attentive staff made this a really pleasant experience. A few minor food problems were ironed out nicely. The dinner for the 2 of us in the gazebo was very romantic and dead tasty! The specially prepared last meal of the holiday was sublime and felt very personal - thanks Jean Pierre! Service at breakfast and lunch seemed a bit slow sometimes. Unfortunately we were presented with a bill at the end of the hol for items and trips we shouldn't have been charged for as we were all inclusive but again that was sorted out fine. My husband had researched this place to the nth degree and was a big fan before we even arrived and we were not disappointed. Would love to go back!

Room 10 is great for getting quickly to a nice part of the beach and straight onto a part of the reef that has the best fish and coral. 7am swim worth it despite certain hangovers!”

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
281 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: PHH threads....where are they?

We were on the special AI package at Park Hyatt, and we did have to sign for every lunch and dinner. No issues with being charged at the end though. Our only item on the bill upon check-out was a nice book we purchased from the gift shop.

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
280 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: PHH threads....where are they?

Same here, we did AI in April. We did sign for some items but at the end everything was included.

Loughborough...
Level Contributor
1,082 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: PHH threads....where are they?

Same here too, we was there in March and had to sign for things but never got charged.

MA.

Lincolnshire...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
9,247 posts
299 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: PHH threads....where are they?

Still wondering why only 4 stars for the review in the OP....

Edited: 2:17 am, October 18, 2013
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
281 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: PHH threads....where are they?

It seems the most recent 5-star review was from Paul. It has a similar writing style to his posts and former reviews. I especially like this point in the review:

"The main bit -the reef/fish. I still cant quite believe just how good it was. We went 1/2 times a day and did the reef in sectors. No cut throughs but the clearance over the reef meant you could easily swim right out from your villa. Best fish at 7 am or 6 pm. Amazing table top coral gardens that go on forever. Never seen such good clarity over the drop off. The list of fish would be long but if you like sharks - come here- they are all huge!!! Very gentle clockwise current - we often went from villa 10 round to the Dawn jetty. The biologist said this was rarely snoirkelled as most went from dawn jetty round to wayter villas. Everywhere was amazing though and made Athuruga reef look like Kuredu."

Mentioned in this post
Kuredu
Kuredu
Lhaviyani Atoll
Lincolnshire...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
9,247 posts
299 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: PHH threads....where are they?

I suspect we're now gonna get zappedddddd....

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
280 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: PHH threads....where are they?

That is pretty accurate RE: Snorkelling there. Seems legit to me.

Lincolnshire...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
9,247 posts
299 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: PHH threads....where are they?

I think that PHH blog would have been mouth-wateringly brilliant to read.

Shame we couldn't read it.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
4,494 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: PHH threads....where are they?

Just managed to read it too ... seems they made the most of the AI :) and the reef sounds amazing!

Must try and get over my travel issues ... find the additional flight really off putting

england
Level Contributor
2,466 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: PHH threads....where are they?

Karla - the extra flight going out is no problem. Coming back is a real pain.