We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Filitheyo

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,029 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Filitheyo

Looking to return next year. Anyone been to Filitheyo in the last few years. I have read the reviews but would be interested on how it compared to any other islands you have been.

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
8,258 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Filitheyo

Thats defenatily a question for shawnwithcat ;)

Purely Maldives gave us some good quotes for Fil next year

Darryl

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
3,678 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Filitheyo

It's our favourite out of three islands so far. Good food, laid back, not too small, decent reef and no sea wall.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,029 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Filitheyo

Thank you Darryl

Would you call it a 3 or 4 star Beanerd?

Rome, Italy
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka, Maldives
Level Contributor
11,368 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Filitheyo

thanks Darryl :D you were probably surprised why i wasn't here already? lol

Hexane,

out of all the places i have seen, in person, and in pictures and videos, we prefer Filitheyo.

All i can say is, it's a lovely island not too big, beautiful beaches, gorgeous water villas and very nice beach villas. very nice reef, last time we were there we saw lots and lots of fish soup, turtles and sharks every day, saw dolphins one day from our water villa... awesome food, great service.

we were last there in 2012, if you haven't seen our video already, let me know and i will send you the link (don't want to post it again, i think people are tired in here of our pics and videos LOL)

So if you have any questions, fire away :)

PS. Irene just came back from Filitheyo, you can read her comments and review, and ask her any questions here: tripadvisor.com/…53268092

Rome, Italy
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka, Maldives
Level Contributor
11,368 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Filitheyo

ps. this year we went to Angaga, and wrote a quick comparison: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293953-i7445-k662…

oh what the heck, i'm just gonna go ahead and post it anyways, here is our video of filitheyo from last year

www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UhUD3r1G5s&hd1

lol

Edited: 4:25 pm, October 14, 2013
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
4,224 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Filitheyo

I really liked your video, and particularlh the look of the water villa - lots of shade! It was one of my back-up islands in case Baros was unavailable as we booked relatively short notice and think we will visit one day.

Rome, Italy
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka, Maldives
Level Contributor
11,368 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Filitheyo

couple of my colleagues went to Baros and i saw the pictures... the rooms are ammmmmaaazzzing.

but i could never get myself over the fact that it's so close to Malè. will be waiting for you to get back to read your impressions/reviews :)

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,029 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Filitheyo

Thank you SWC. Loved the video.

Can not remember the name of the yellow fish with the black stripe but they move like a wave grazing like locusts. ;-]

Any views on the room types as I think we will give the WVs a rest and try beach villas this time.

Rome, Italy
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka, Maldives
Level Contributor
11,368 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Filitheyo

yeah we call them grilled fish :D lol

Beach villa's are nice, we loved the out door bathroom/shower. rooms are clean and spacious. the only negative things about the beach villa are 1) the mosquitoes, lots and lots, (so don't forget to use your mozzy spray anytime you are out of the water and going to dinner or just chilling at the bar) and 2) the beach villas are attached two by two. so not much privacy. and people pass in front of your beach villa, lots.

you can go for the deluxe beach villas, more privacy because they are detached, has a jacuzzi, and it feels like you have your own little beach in front of your room.

Warwickshire
Level Contributor
175 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Filitheyo

When did the deluxe villas get a jacuzzi? None there when we were there in June. Its also our special island - have been there 8 times!