We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

park Hyatt, or W Retreat

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
park Hyatt, or W Retreat

Hello. I know I have been posting on this forum a lot, but there are just so many different options as far as hotels! I really like the Four Seasons Landaa Giraavaru, but it does not have good snorkeling, so I am thinking maybe Hyatt or W?? I want snorkeling, great service, great spa, amazing food, water activities, comfortable beds, private plunge pool, big hotel pool, great beach, and fun activities. Would these resorts suit, and which one more than the other?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
275 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: park Hyatt, or W Retreat

I stayed at Park Hyatt in June and it was amazing in all those categories except possibly activities. There are very limited water activities besides snorkeling and diving. No motorized water sports of any kind and only kayak rentals are available.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
4,159 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: park Hyatt, or W Retreat

I have yet to find an island that ticks ALL my boxes on my wish list ... just a thought :)

middx
Level Contributor
318 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: park Hyatt, or W Retreat

Went to w and it meets all your criteria except for the food, not any bad meals but not as outstanding as mirihi. However this was a couple of years and it may have improved and food is very subjective, we had a great holiday. Everything else was excellent.

Madrid, Spain
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
4,054 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: park Hyatt, or W Retreat

Park hyatt...

It is also a very private Island, and really beautiful

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: park Hyatt, or W Retreat

@Karla... exactly! it seems like every hotel has pros, then it just has to have something that i dont like!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
623 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: park Hyatt, or W Retreat

Yes exactly the same here!. I try to get my holidays to be perfect,but perfect in anything does not exist. I trawl often through all the islands/resorts and often think ...if I could take the room and private pool off one island and put it on another island.....and take the etc etc off another island then it would be so easy to make my choice.. Sadly life isn't like that and it is all about compromising one thing for the sake of another so just decide your priorities,what things are most important to you.

7. Re: park Hyatt, or W Retreat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:53 am, October 16, 2013
8. Re: park Hyatt, or W Retreat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, October 18, 2014