We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

All inclusive resorts?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
44 posts
241 reviews
Save Topic
All inclusive resorts?

We are looking at resorts in Maldives for year end and we are swarmed with choices.

Question: how are the all inclusive resorts? Are they worth it compared to going ala carte?

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,474 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: All inclusive resorts?

I don't eat breakfast .. so after a couple of dives , I am ready to eat something light by lunchtime . full board works well for me . AI is useless to me since I don't drink any alcohol on most days

Fiji
Level Contributor
502 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: All inclusive resorts?

Dear Ancyancy,

Thank you for your post.

To answer your question it depends on what style of holiday you are looking for and your normal consumption habits. If you are diving like spammie and drink little, then a la carte would be more ideal.

If you like to eat three time per day, enjoy have a few cocktails or to share a bottle of wine over dinner, then All inclusive is the way to go.

Reviewing the dockets for our all inclusive guests, I would say that 80-90% of our guests are 20-30% better off on All inclusive. There is also less stress throughout your holiday about the bill at the end.

Hope that this helps.

Jason

Kurumba Maldives

Stockton-on-Tees...
Level Contributor
189 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: All inclusive resorts?

I prefer AI, but premium AI such as Lily Beach. It is stress free, I am not checking prices before ordering a latte etc. For me it just adds to a relaxing holiday with no nasty bill at the end.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,371 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: All inclusive resorts?

Its the Island that's important. their tariff is secondary. we have a good deal on an AI only Island, next march, so I probably will have a very few beers/wines , normally I rarely drink anyway.

May occasionally go for a snacky nibble at lunch time, soup or some such, would not bother if on HB , it does not change our browsing habits overly,or influence island choice.

15. Re: All inclusive resorts?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, August 28, 2014