We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fingerprinting on arrival

uk
Level Contributor
113 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Fingerprinting on arrival

Hi,

The information we have got from our tour operater says they are now fingerprinting people during the arrival process.

Is this taking much longer than the process before?

It was a couple of years since our last visit and it seemed quite slow then. Be grateful if anyone who has been recently could help?

Many thanks

Sally

London, United...
Level Contributor
496 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fingerprinting on arrival

Yes we were fingerprinted last year but it doesn't add that much time, the queues are just as slow!

Norway
Level Contributor
819 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fingerprinting on arrival

We went in March and also December last year and were not fingerprinted on any of those trips. Just the usual immigration check on arrival.

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fingerprinting on arrival

I genuinely can't remember, but does it really matter? It's gong to take as long as its going to take,,,

Kent, England
Level Contributor
4,471 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fingerprinting on arrival

Never been finger printed at Male.......

london
Level Contributor
256 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fingerprinting on arrival

I have just returned from Male and was not finger printed on entry at the beginning of April - just the usual security checks which did not take up very much time

London, United...
Level Contributor
496 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fingerprinting on arrival

I'm beginning to look we must have looked deeply suspicious as we were 'done' in October! They didn't bother fingerprinting the kids though...

Liverpool
Level Contributor
5,300 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fingerprinting on arrival

Never been fingerprinted before this year, and we weren't the other week...

france
Level Contributor
1,029 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fingerprinting on arrival

we were fingerprinted last oct 2012, (my son has his with my passport and mine are with his passport !!)

we were not fingerprinted in feb, we asked why and were told the machines were not all that good and it took to long to register the prints !

england
Level Contributor
2,445 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Fingerprinting on arrival

O Lordy. As part of my job I have to go to places where your identity is checked by fingerprints. I am delighted that the Maldivian Govt has realised how long this nonsense takes because over here in UK they certainly haven't.

uk
Level Contributor
113 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Fingerprinting on arrival

Thanks for the replies.

Hopefully, unless we look really dodgy we may be ok.

My husband tells me it will take as long as it takes but i still get impatient to get through and on our way to the island!

Thanks,

Sally