We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amazing Athuruga

northants
Level Contributor
293 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Amazing Athuruga

It's taken me a few days to get back in the water after seeing a shark on the first day (silly I know) but so glad I did because that drop off is something else, literally took my breath away! Thankyou to all that recommended this island to us, we are having a ball ( our best island so far)

england
Level Contributor
2,457 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Amazing Athuruga

glad you are enjoying it. I agree about the drop off. Try going in at BV 35 and turning left if you havent done so yet. Spectacular corals.

Norway
Level Contributor
819 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Amazing Athuruga

Glad to hear it. I am jealous, wish it was me swimming over the drop off right now :/

Don't be afraid of the sharks, they will not harm you. Have you seen the big family of eagle rays yet? Just amazing. Enjoy the rest of your stay!

Level Contributor
1,616 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Amazing Athuruga

4 weeks and one hour until I get on the big plane

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Amazing Athuruga

Ok, you are now showing off patches mum:))

Level Contributor
1,616 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Amazing Athuruga

Most definately! And I will get worse.

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Amazing Athuruga

Which, to be fair,,,is fully understandable,,,:))

Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Amazing Athuruga

I feel you PM its toture waiting! !! We have two more days at work then fly friday morn....so far this week has felt like a year!! Grrrrr hahahaha im so excited its our 4th Maldives visit but got a funny feeling athuruga is gonna be THE ONE! Really hope you all have a fab time thanks for all your help and tips!

Nemo nemo nemo!!! Hahaha

Lynne

Level Contributor
1,616 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Amazing Athuruga

Have a fab time! I was up at 5am hunting for my dollars left over from last trip which I am pleased to say I found and there are enough to cover tips and bits for the children from fisherman s island. Might start packing at the weekend....

northants
Level Contributor
293 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Amazing Athuruga

Boo hoo our last full day today before we leave tomorrow, it's gone so quick! There was a big storm last night and some much needed rain which kept us awake most of the night, overcast today but still hot.

Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Amazing Athuruga

Oh don't mention rain :-( it does look like its turning but im staying off the site now haha eek... ive just ordered last minute lilos which is a first?!? Hahahha.. exciteddddd!!! :-)

Ps book again as soon as you get home hehe...