We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need Help with Resort Of choice for Honeymoon

Imphal, India
Level Contributor
11 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Need Help with Resort Of choice for Honeymoon

I am planning for a 3/4 night stay in Maldives and 5/6 nights in Sri Lanka from 3rd to 12th May for my honeymoon.

Need Help for the Maldives Leg of the Stay.

total budget for both of us to be spent at the resort would be around 2000 USD on HB basis preferably,for 3/4 nights.

need advise to decide upon beach villa /water villa (with good ambiance) or if i could do both.

Looking for optimum privacy,decent snorkeling,as both of us are first time travelers to maldives.

The options I have looked at so far are :

Kuredu

Komandoo

Angaga

Medhufushi

Centara Ras Fushi

Reethi

Thulagiri

Veligandu

Kindly Help..

Liverpool
Level Contributor
5,300 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need Help with Resort Of choice for Honeymoon

Hi docrishabh and welcome to the Maldives forum :)

Have stayed at Komandoo, Veligandu, Angaga and Reethi Beach, and visited Kuredu out of your list.

I'd class Komandoo and Veligandu as a step up in quality from Reethi, Angaga and Kuredu, which is usually reflected in the like for like price. Veligandu is lovely but not good for snorkelling.

komandoo is similar size and quality, with lovely water villas. Nice food and decent snorkelling.

Reethi is my overall, value for money favourite. Great island, nice beaches and good dining options. Good amout of fish life for snorkelling, but not great for coral life. Although I wouldn't bother with HB, B&B would offer more versatile dining choices.

Angaga is very small, probably the prettiest island of the bunch, much better snorkelling than the others. Rooms are similar standard to Reethi (ie not as good as Komandoo or Veli, but perfectly clean and functional). I'd describe the buffet food as average to good ( a bit repetitive) but fine for the rating of the resort (3*). Wouldn't bother with a water villa, didn't think much of them.

As said, only visited Kuredu (twice), too big for my preference, and a bit of a 'class system' depending on room type etc.

Ian

Edited: 3:15 am, February 23, 2013
London, United...
Level Contributor
5,955 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need Help with Resort Of choice for Honeymoon

Might be a good idea to read the threads about Centara Ras Fushi if that's on your list. It's not open yet which is why its prices are low. I'd be deterred by the presence of Rubbish Island nearby polluting the air with a vast white cloud visible from space.

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
287 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need Help with Resort Of choice for Honeymoon

Space?.... He he he,... Oh you are a Rascal xarla lol

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,955 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need Help with Resort Of choice for Honeymoon

Yesterday I looked at some photos of the Old Rascal - Giravaru - to see how bad it was as we do like a cheap water bungalow. The clouds looked 100s of foot tall. OH appalled.

Lincolnshire...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
7,664 posts
254 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need Help with Resort Of choice for Honeymoon

Some of those listed may not take ultra short bookings - have you checked?

Lincolnshire...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
7,664 posts
254 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need Help with Resort Of choice for Honeymoon

You can check out the kind of prices (including transfers and taxes) by looking at Purely Maldives.

http://www.purelymaldives.co.uk

Some islands may not accept short stays.

You have to pay the transfer cost as stipulated by the island, there are no cheap options. And although it will be rainy season, there is no such thing as a cheap WV.

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
287 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need Help with Resort Of choice for Honeymoon

For such a very short stay I wouldn't bother trying to do Wv and BV

Angaga and komandoo followed by reethi would be my faves although that is based on my personal preferences as not been to them

Imphal, India
Level Contributor
11 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Need Help with Resort Of choice for Honeymoon

well i am getting short bookings via Agoda,for most.Going by the reviews i am finding the following nagging put offs :

say for komondoo its the views from the island and the beach wall.

for kuredu it is the large number of bungalows and also the tier system.

for reethi and angaga the lack of that ambiance of the villas.

meedufushi has no house reef..

i may add i m totally new to snorkeling but would definitely like to try the same.

so out of the above which ones are the valid concerns,thats what i woul like to know please..

Hampshire, UK
Level Contributor
936 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Need Help with Resort Of choice for Honeymoon

Of your choice I've been to Reethi which would suit you well, as icn says choose B&B if you book there. Villas are fine, little bit bland but lovely outdoor bathrooms.

My hopeful next island is Komandoo, adult only which appeals, plus good reviews & snorkelling. I'm not put off by the close by local island but if you are, ask for a room on the other side.

I too wouldn't swap rooms for such a short stay. Kuredu is one of the largest islands with less of an away from it all look I.e. concrete paths, pitch & putt golf course!

Lincolnshire...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
7,664 posts
254 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Need Help with Resort Of choice for Honeymoon

What sort of room are you looking at on Kom? The side away from the local island is JBVs only on the beach.