We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Club Farukolhu + Male

Warsaw, Poland
6 posts
Save Topic
Club Farukolhu + Male

Hi I was wondering if anybody can me me some insight;

I have 3 nights booked at Club Farukolhu (all inc) where I planned just to relax on the beach, then for another 3 nights move to Male and go on excursions (obv all this on a budget). Is that a good idea - should I rather go to one of the other local islands like Maafushi and take trips from there? If you cant sunbath on Maafushi or Male I cant see a point in going to Maafushi? Is this a good idea?

Many thanks

Mike

Lincolnshire...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
8,625 posts
289 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Club Farukolhu + Male

What sort of trips did you want to do on Male? Most people do not choose to holiday on male.

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Club Farukolhu + Male

No, it's not a good idea, not even remotely.

When are you going? Club Faru is supposed to be closing down n march, although it may remain open a bit longer. It's currently being run by the government.

Also what excursions from male? You don't want to stay in male unless you have to, it's very industrialised and cerainly not for three days,

It's not for holidays really, a tour takes one or two hours and you don't want to do it again afterwards. If you go to Maafushi, you can go to other resorts and spend the day, for a price, so yes, better than male, anything is better than male, but it's marginal.

Best bet is to post your budget, total, exc international flights and what month you are gong for etc and people can advise. Because right now, it's not a good plan in the slightest.

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Club Farukolhu + Male

Male - Oh Dear....

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,484 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Club Farukolhu + Male

bad idea .. after 2 hours in male , you will want to run away screaming

Warsaw, Poland
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Club Farukolhu + Male

Am arriving on the 1st of march - 3 nights at Farukolhu- then have 3 nights left do move somewhere. I planned to stay at the beach for those 3 days then move to Male to take trips to other islands or such. Cant seem to find any information if there are any trips offered from Male. Maafushi seems to offer them, but seems that there is much less to do there than on Male (maybe Im wrong here). I didnt plan to stay on Male on Maafushi dureing the day.

I have around 2000 -2200 usd for all.

Lincolnshire...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
8,625 posts
289 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Club Farukolhu + Male

Wow that's quite soon. Have you checked what accommodation is actually available for your dates?

There are several guest houses on Maafushi - some longer established than others but you have to factor in getting there from male by their boat or the local ferry. It would be a better base than Male I suspect.

Edited: 10:10 am, February 15, 2013
Lincolnshire...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
8,625 posts
289 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Club Farukolhu + Male

Can't you stay in a resort (Faru or another) for the 6 nights on that budget, if there is anything with available rooms?

Warsaw, Poland
6 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Club Farukolhu + Male

i have everything booked, but can still change as I have a hotel booked for Maafushi for the whole period too just in case. The thing is I dont know if there are all day trips from Male like on Maafushi.

A 6 night stay at Faru blows my budget plus forces me to sit in one place. Which I hate to do. Id rather prefer to move around on some excersions, be it 1 or 2.

Edited: 10:13 am, February 15, 2013
Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Club Farukolhu + Male

3 hours is too long in Male for me..... I'd rather go to Burnley

Lincolnshire...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
8,625 posts
289 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Club Farukolhu + Male

Won't a decent hotel on Male blow your budget too then?