We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help picking a resort...

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
46 reviews
Save Topic
Need help picking a resort...

Until last week I wasn't aware there are so many to choose from... the ratings on Tripadvisor for once do not help me at all since most resorts score very well! I hope the regulars can make this a bit easier for us. I've looked at most of them but it's hard to decide.

I've looked at advise for this type of question in the FAQ and so I'll try to make this as painless as possible!

Purpose of trip: First stage of the honeymoon, we want a quiet, relaxing place which can gives us privacy, both in the accommodation and in other places around the island.

Budget: 3500USD / 2500GBP for five nights.

Preferred board basis: It depends; I've seen resorts where the all-inclusive deal makes sense, others not so much. We love to drink cocktails so an all-inclusive deal which excludes cocktails is useless.

What time of year you intend to travel: Early October, five nights

Must haves:

Water villa with sunset views

Good house reef accessible from water villa or beach

Access stairs to the water from the villa

Good quality food

Nice to have:

Secluded feel to the island, so south atolls are preferable (not sure if this is correct)

Jacuzzi

Good choice in dining

No / very few children running around

Lincolnshire...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
8,510 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help picking a resort...

Welcome to the forum.

Komandoo is adults only. They have jwv's with a jacuzzi style bath.

Good house reef.

....but it seems it is a 6 nt minimum there.

Edited: 4:23 pm, February 14, 2013
2. Re: Need help picking a resort...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, February 16, 2014