We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Qatar Airlines, heathrow to male via doha

bournemouth
Level Contributor
92 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Qatar Airlines, heathrow to male via doha

I've read quite a few 'older' reviews of the service and was wondering what people's more recent experience of the airline is?

Any comments, or suggestions. Travelling with two young children too (well behaved and not flight monsters'.

Short stop over both ways which is a plus

Thanks

Mike

england
Level Contributor
2,450 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Qatar Airlines, heathrow to male via doha

If you get the short transfer you have booked then Qatar is fine. On two out of three flights instead of being at Doha for 1 hour, I was there for 9 hours. If you have children, I simply would not take the risk

bournemouth
Level Contributor
92 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Qatar Airlines, heathrow to male via doha

9 hours 'ouch'.

We've already booked the flights as we wanted to go to a better island this time so forfeited direct flights for better island. Lets hope it's not 9 hours delay or we'll be going stir crazy by then.

London, United...
Level Contributor
496 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Qatar Airlines, heathrow to male via doha

As you've already booked the flights, you have to make the best of it! So just be prepared for the in-flight entertainment not to be available - on our last trip to Male with Qatar, in 3 out of the 4 sectors, it either wasn't working properly or there were no personal screens at all. I'd advise taking colouring books,personal dvd player etc on board just in case!

Bishops Stortford...
Level Contributor
1,126 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Qatar Airlines, heathrow to male via doha

we are using Qatar next week will update you after the first leg...I'll have a 7 year old in tow :)

Edited: 4:10 pm, February 12, 2013
bournemouth
Level Contributor
92 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Qatar Airlines, heathrow to male via doha

Thanks. That's great. Enjoy your holiday.

Helsingborg
Level Contributor
41 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Qatar Airlines, heathrow to male via doha

I and my daughter flew with Qatar Copenhagen-Doha-Male and back in december 2012. Everything worked very well. We were also constantly stuffed with food during the flights :-) Also many options of films and tv-programs and games to make you occupied during the flight. Blankets and pillows provided on every flight + eye-mask and stockings at one flight.

Edited: 7:40 am, February 13, 2013
London
Level Contributor
80 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Qatar Airlines, heathrow to male via doha

I had a delayed flight From heathrow so missed connecting flight in Doha! I had an 18hr wait!(not fun) & never again with qatar!

Leuven, Belgium
Level Contributor
73 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Qatar Airlines, heathrow to male via doha

we just returned from the Maldives and are flights were with qatar Brussels-Doha-Male. We left Brussels on time but we couldn't immediatly land at Doha because there was so much traffic. Our connection time was shortened to 15 min instead of 1.30h, thank god we didn't need to go through security, so we made the flight. The flights themself were ok, just not enough drinks on the way back but you could go up to request some water. All in all I would use Qatar again but with a slightly bigger connection time.

bournemouth
Level Contributor
92 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Qatar Airlines, heathrow to male via doha

Thanks so much fornthebfeedback!

bournemouth
Level Contributor
92 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply