We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

biyadhoo day trippers

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
147 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
biyadhoo day trippers

as our holiday gets closer this latest reveiw from a repeat guest has me seroiusly worried

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
285 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: biyadhoo day trippers

Seriously worried. ?

Go somewhere else then

If you go east side or in the SW corner you probably even notice day trippers

Cumbria, United...
Level Contributor
3,446 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: biyadhoo day trippers

I think as Maafushi continues to attract tourists to the ever increasing number of guesthouses there you will see more daytrippers but visitors to Biya are nothing new - they have always come over from Cocoa and Kandooma for a couple of hours.

Mentioned in this post
Maafushi Island
Maafushi Island
South Male Atoll
Herts
Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: biyadhoo day trippers

I am also about to visit - this Sunday for a week. I was not warned by Kuoni about day trippers on Biyadoo and only more recent reviews seem to mention them. Perhaps the trippers are increasing in number or staying longer. If, like me, you are concerned about the trippers the hotel's email is as follows:

aishath,zahir@sunland.co.mv

I have also contacted Kuoni - although I don't hold out much hope

yorkshire
Level Contributor
800 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: biyadhoo day trippers

hi there yes we going end of april hope it isnt as bad have people said if you hear anything from kuoni please will you let us know what they say boo hoo

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
147 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: biyadhoo day trippers

we return 20th april as do a lot of repeat guest maybe we should all email our concerns we are use to the island having the boat of snorkellers but we only knew of some young italian island day trippers last year due to the fact one became hysterical believing her boyfriend had disappeared whilst snorkelling in the very choppy sea mid afternoon also claiming he could not swim this resulted in everyone frantically looking for him and the staff had a motor dinghy type boat sent searching for him

my concerns this year are how safe are our belongings which we all leave casually on the beach whilst snorkelling i know we presume they will be there when we return but with day trippers wondering about ?

Lincolnshire...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
9,277 posts
299 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: biyadhoo day trippers

Ooh I can feel a petition coming on.......lol ;-)

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
802 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: biyadhoo day trippers

I'm just hoping that management will be offering free drinks, by way of compensation. Oh.......wait a minute....lol!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
147 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: biyadhoo day trippers

omg

the latest reveiw says one entered their room

this gets worse each reveiw

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
802 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: biyadhoo day trippers

Yes, but luckily it wasn't the one with a spear gun. :-)

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,955 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: biyadhoo day trippers

Another compares it to Blackpool. I'd be swapping islands...it doesn't sound like the Maldives anymore.