We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help please - AI, Water villa, jacuzzi/plunge pool

London, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Help please - AI, Water villa, jacuzzi/plunge pool

Hi guys, I am starting to go crazy here trying to decide where to go for our honeymoon!! I have posted a few times and spent ages online over the past few months and we really need to book it this month!

Can anyone recommend a good resort in the Maldives for all inclusive, with more than one restaurant - so not just buffet (even if we have to pay extra) with a water villa and preferably (we really really want this part!) a plunge pool/jacuzzi on deck?

I think I have asked variations of this question before but changed the specifics of what we want a lot so trying to narrow it down as much as possible!

Our dream is Lily Beach but as we are combining a week in Maldives with 4 nights in Singapore it is just making it too expensive..

We are going beginning of July and I guess our budget would be anything less than Lily Beach type prices! It is hard to give an exact budget as we will have to get tailor made quotes when we have decided on which resorts we want to go to... cheaper than Lily Beach I guess would help!

Have looked at Kuramathi and Olhuveli - anyone got experience of water villas with jacuzzis at these places?

Oh and one tiny other thing - can we take drinks to our rooms in any of the places you recommend? Read a review about Kuramathi that it was not allowed! :(

Massively appreciate any help you can all give!

Thanks so much!!

Hampshire
Level Contributor
2,389 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Help please - AI, Water villa, jacuzzi/plunge pool

Hello Bruce

FYI - Vadoo does seem to be leaning towards becoming an AI island. They have offered it for the last year - currently they have issued contracts solely with AI and no other mealplan options.

Best wishes

Richard from PurelyMaldives

London
Level Contributor
1,817 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Help please - AI, Water villa, jacuzzi/plunge pool

Lyn - Thanks for the clarification. I've been mulling how granular to get on the 'private pool/jacuzzi' feature. In some cases they are virtually indistinguishable because the plunge pools are so small. In most cases, people are just wanting a fresh water place to soak so for now I've lumped them together, but I might have to segregate the two types going forward.

Spammie - I didn't mean to imply that LUX had any sort of exclusivity on whale shark snorkeling. I was only saying that if you were sizing up LUX for its snorkeling on offer, you would say 'house reef weak, but whale shark option cool'.

Richard - Thanks for the info.

PS. This is post number '1000' for me. Fun to watch the odometer wheels turn over.

Bruce

www.maldivescomplete.com

London, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Help please - AI, Water villa, jacuzzi/plunge pool

Thanks for all the help and ideas everyone...still struggling to decide and waiting on some quotes, but I think we've got to be sensible and stick to our budget so it is likely to be between Lux and Kuramathi but I'm not sure how much an issue Lux not having a house reef is? We have never been to the Maldives before, so I am sure we will think it is amazing anyway but I have seen some amazing pics on here from other resorts snorkelling so am re-considering...any opinions specific to the two resorts would be helpful, but I have started another topic on here too..

Thanks again

Kent, England
Level Contributor
4,471 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Help please - AI, Water villa, jacuzzi/plunge pool

I replied on your other thread but no house = fewer fish and smaller variety of fish. Only you know how important snorkeling is on your trip.

If you are happy with jumping from a boat into deeper water and therfore doing snorkeling excursions you can see more marine life that way but you are tied to the boat schedule.

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Help please - AI, Water villa, jacuzzi/plunge pool

No probs taking drinks to rooms at kuramathi

JWV are amazing

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,955 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Help please - AI, Water villa, jacuzzi/plunge pool

Never had problems taking drinks to room anywhere. Just take the drink and saunter onto the decking, then gradually edge off across the beach back to your terrace. If they're keeping an eye out, sit down for a bit first until another customer distracts them.

Level Contributor
1,608 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Help please - AI, Water villa, jacuzzi/plunge pool

Xarla lol! You sound like one of my kids raiding maltesers from the pantry : )

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,955 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Help please - AI, Water villa, jacuzzi/plunge pool

Lol, PM! Hope OnOn got back OK. Can't imagine what would make her cut short her trip. Hopefully she'll post soon.

19. Re: Help please - AI, Water villa, jacuzzi/plunge pool

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, January 02, 2014