We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Turkish airlines to Maledives?

Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Turkish airlines to Maledives?

Do you know anyone who has taken the Turkish airlines fligth to the Maledives? How was the experience? I see the tickets are quite cheap.

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
2,199 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Turkish airlines to Maledives?

Still sticking with Emirates though - just feels safer after reading all the posts

norfolk
Level Contributor
2,549 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Turkish airlines to Maledives?

Must be someone, or knows someone, whom has flown on the new Turkish airlines flights to Male which commenced 24 november, comments would be very interesting.

I have booked to fly with them and am not overly concerned about the safety issue as Emirates, thomsons etc, could all the end of the day, not necessarily be safer!

Good and bad pilots everywhere, just like good an bad teachers in schools.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,659 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: Turkish airlines to Maledives?

We had a group of journalists who flew from the UK on Turkish airlines and they said it was great. They flew business class and had nothing but praise for the whole process from start to finish.

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
287 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: Turkish airlines to Maledives?

My sister flew business class with Turkish airlines this summer and she had to get up and go speak to the cabin manager as the female flight attendants pointedly ignored her and/ or were downright rude to her.

Maybe they were having a bad day

In all my years of flying the only silly cabin crew were a virgin attendant who would not give me two drinks ( was told it was the law only to serve a single drink at a time) and BA who when asked If i wanted a coffe, as she was poised with the coffe jug, sugar and milk on her tray.... I said yes please , white. She said she could only serve me with or without milk. I said I'd like a white coffee and she said she could not serve me that . I told her to stuff her coffee somewhere not white .

London
Level Contributor
1,919 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: Turkish airlines to Maledives?

Just found this today (look near the bottom for the unsafest airlines).

World's top 10 safest airlines

1. Finnair

2. Air New Zealand

3. Cathay Pacific

4. Emirates

5. Etihad Airways

6. Eva Air

7. TAP Portugal

8. Hainan Airlines

9. Virgin Australia

10. British Airways

The bottom 10

51. SkyWest Airlines

52. South African Airways

53. Thai Airways

54. Turkish Airlines

55. Saudia

56. Korean Air

57. GOL Transportes Aéreos

58. Air India

59. TAM Airlines

60. China Airlines

Source: Jet Airliner Crash Data Evaluation Centre

Read more: brisbanetimes.com.au/travel/…ixzz2HZVxrlwY

Belgrade, Serbia
Level Contributor
3 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
36. Re: Turkish airlines to Maledives?

Hi All,

We are taking Turkish airlines to Male, in 10 days. I will let you know what was the experience when we're back.

Belgrade, Serbia
Level Contributor
3 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
37. Re: Turkish airlines to Maledives?

Just came back from Male. We took Turkish airlines Belgrade-Istanbul-Male and back. We selected dates with just 2h stopover in Istanbul, economy class. Meals modest, leg space usual, nice selection of entertainment, night flights both ways. Do dress warm on return, since it's freezing in the plane. Price of 730-780 for a return ticket seams adequate for the provided service.

norfolk
Level Contributor
2,549 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
38. Re: Turkish airlines to Maledives?

011-family did you book your plane seats 24 hours before the flight and can you book return seats at same time.

Unfortunately with this air line can't book an pay for chosen seats in advance!

Folkestone, United...
Destination Expert
for Southern Ari Atoll, Maldives
Level Contributor
2,850 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
39. Re: Turkish airlines to Maledives?

Hi All

Returned from Maldives yesterday both ways via Turkish Airlines and I would certainly recommend them. We flew business class at a huge saving on our usual Emirates.They only have business ,premium economy and economy so business is effectively first similar to Virgin, We stopped over for a couple of days in Istanbul similar to what we do with Emirates in Dubai and took the night flight to Male on flat beds so arrived refreshed at the Maldives.It's the other way round to Emirates with the shorter leg first LHR/IST and the 7 hour stint IST/MLE.The aircraft are new and clean and food is good although because of our timings we seemed have a lot of breakfasts.The Star Alliance lounge a LHR is nothing special but their own lounge in Istanbul is great and big with a huge range of food and drink but was very crowded when we arrived there on the way home.The outward flight from MLE/IST is a late one leaving 00.10 which is a downside but went across to Traders in Male and spent our time in their rooftop non alcoholic bar and restaurant which very pleasant has a pool and a shower and decent reasonably priced food. It does not cost to go there.

A few tips for any one using Turkish make sure yo get the resort to print your boarding pass for IST/LHR this can only be 24 hours before departure in IST and MLE can't do it and without it MLE can't transit your luggage ie book it right through also there are big queues in IST for transit.boarding passes

I was also surprised about the comment of Turkish wanting full payment up front we found you can book and reserve seats without paying which often looks as if the plane is full but then a lot seats become available.

All in all we were happy with the experience and will certainly use them again BTW our pilots were very competent and made smooth landings and take off's

Regards

Doug

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
4,171 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
40. Re: Turkish airlines to Maledives?

Sounds great!

We looked into that but had a very long middle of the night layover in Istanbul so decided to stick with BA (£200 more, Economy, sadly).