We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How far ahead to book?

england
Level Contributor
95 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
How far ahead to book?

After weeks of reading this forum, I have decided on Komandoo as my first time trip to the maldives.

Does anyone know how far ahead I should book if I want to get a water villa? My partner has specific holidays at his workplace.

I am looking at going September 2007 which I think is out of the rainy season.

Thanks!

Lorna

Dos cerveza, por...
Level Contributor
3,883 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How far ahead to book?

You should book as soon as you can especially if you want to travel on certain dates & want a certain type of room (water bungalow).

It also gives you something to look forward to while you're de-icing the car this coming winter.........................

Cotswolds, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives, North Male Atoll, Southern Ari Atoll, Lhaviyani Atoll
Level Contributor
4,695 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How far ahead to book?

As far as I am aware all water villas between now and next March (2007)are fully booked on Komandoo. They have just 15 water villas and they are really popular.

So my advice is shop around & try and book it NOW, If it is slightly early to book, keep on top of it and you will get what you want. I am booked myself in February 2007.

..... activegirl

england
Level Contributor
95 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How far ahead to book?

Hi Activegirl

My partner will not know his holiday dates until June. We really want a water villa so if we do not get Komandoo is their a similar island that you can request?

We want the seaplane experience

We do not want to be on a big island, we like privacy. (were not into doing that much)

Were not really divers but snorkelling will be fine.

We have about £1700 each to spend for 10 days.

thanks for your help.

Lorna

Cotswolds, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives, North Male Atoll, Southern Ari Atoll, Lhaviyani Atoll
Level Contributor
4,695 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How far ahead to book?

Lorna - June is just over a month away, so I would imagine you will be alright booking for Sep 07. I specifically chose Komandoo as the water villas seemed more spaced apart than others I've seen and the island has good reviews.

You can look into Vilu Reef (82 rooms + 41 Water villas -am off there in July), Mirihi (36 rooms), Coco Palm Dhuni Kolhu (98 rooms). Other islands personally seem far too big for that ultimate "Robinson Crusoe" effect kind of place. My all time fav so far is Vakarufalhi (50 rooms) but it does not have any water villas but the rooms are right on the beach. All those are reachable by seaplane which is an ultimate experience in itself.

Best of luck, and do let me know if you do manage to book Komandoo!

.... activegirl