We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone been to Dhiggiri lately?

Dorset, United...
Level Contributor
1,371 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone been to Dhiggiri lately?

Any info/report would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Dorset, United...
Level Contributor
1,371 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone been to Dhiggiri lately?

Sorry to bump this but no replies and it vanished to page 2 - I can find only VERY limited info and am desperate as it seems like only one of two islands left that haven't been spoiled! I can't get to the other one through Kuoni and I have a voucher with them which I need to use.

Please help.

Thanks.

Dos cerveza, por...
Level Contributor
3,883 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone been to Dhiggiri lately?

Had a quick look at www.visitmaldives.com

No website listed but they have the following email address posted:

mmtours@dhivehinet.net.mv

Dos cerveza, por...
Level Contributor
3,883 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone been to Dhiggiri lately?

Also found this:

http://www.maldives.at/dhiggiri.htm

Dorset, United...
Level Contributor
1,371 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone been to Dhiggiri lately?

Thanks for the link - have already checked all things found on Google but I wanted some first hand info with recent date - you can never be sure with the websites - they're so often YEARS out of date (although that particular one must be quite recent as it has the water bungalows on) - some websites still say that Cocoa has 8 rooms and that was at least 5 years ago!

I'll keep hoping someone's been in the last few months - I live in dread that I'll book this lovely desert island hideaway and get there to find it's been tarted up into some poncy palace with TVs, designer food and dressing for dinner! They don't give you a refund for that do they! HAHA

Dos cerveza, por...
Level Contributor
3,883 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone been to Dhiggiri lately?

No you won't get a refund for that, for sure....lol.

Send them an email - they must have some promo literature...

Suthampton, UK
Level Contributor
225 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone been to Dhiggiri lately?

Hiya - we were there in January and absolutely loved it. Tiny island, rooms furnished with gorgeous wooden furniture - have a look at this website for some photos

http://bilder.maldives.de/. No television other than one in the shop. Food was ok - lots of variety - pasta, curry, fish, meat etc.. Good entertainment most evenings which you could either join in on, or sit outside and have a quiet drink if you preferred. Staff very attentive and helpful, excellent diving centre, and house reef for snorkelling. There was lots to do, if you wanted to join in, or you could just chill out and do your own thing if you preferred. We had a fantastic time, and would definitely go back again.

Dorset, United...
Level Contributor
1,371 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone been to Dhiggiri lately?

Have you written a full report anywhere? Posted any of your pics?

Which type of room did you stay in - BB or WB?

Can you recommend any particular areas or room numbers?

Thanks so much for replying - sounds like what we're looking (with a magnifying glass) for!

Was the reef OK for snorkelling? Any nice resident fish around? Any good trips?

The evening entertainment - please don't say it consisted of ancient Europop disco nights! I don't want to see people jigging around to Agadoo and the Birdie song!

Thanks!

Suthampton, UK
Level Contributor
225 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anyone been to Dhiggiri lately?

Hiya -no sorry been too lazy to do a full review. But honestly it was absolutely gorgeous. Entertainment was quite fun - and not cheesy or over the top - we played it cool the first couple of nights and sat outside having a drink with some other british couples that we met up with, but eventually started decided to join in.. they had a brilliant maldivian night, where they served up some amazing Maldivian curries. The dive centre did a couple of promo slide shows, they had a quiz night. As I said you don't have to join in if you can't be bothered, but a good opportunity to have a giggle and meet other people if you do. Reef has lots of different varieties of fish. There's a resident Trigger fish they call Bruno, moray eels, turtles, parrot fish, and a myriad of different coloured little reef fish. Reef close to the bungalows is bleached, but perfect if you swim out 30 metres or so. We dived on the house reef one afternoon just after they fed the fish, and it was amazing - saw a baby shark, sting rays, and about a couple of dozen of giant black gropuers. We stayed in a water bungalow, but the beach bungalows are just as nice - all furnished the same from what we can gather. Only 40 in total, so its not crowded. We thought it was absolutely perfrect. In fact I've managed to get an amazing cheapie deal for Lily Beach this June, so we're going again but am quite apprehensive, because at least from the pohotos I've found, I don't think it's going to stack up to Dhiggiri. If you want asimple, friendly, but comfortable, robinson Crusoe type island, you can't go wrong with Dhiggiri in our view. Anything else you want to know about ask away....!

Dorset, United...
Level Contributor
1,371 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anyone been to Dhiggiri lately?

Thanks a lot - great help - sounds just like the old days and just what we want!

It was the photos on your links that made us decide it was on our shortlist (we saw them a couple of weeks ago). Only 2 islands on it now - all the rest are spoiled.

Have fun at Lily Beach!

Dorset, United...
Level Contributor
1,371 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Anyone been to Dhiggiri lately?

Thanks to you also RexDiver - I meant both of you when I said "your links".