We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Biyadhoo plugs

Milton Keynes
Level Contributor
127 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Biyadhoo plugs

Hi

We are off to Biyadhoo in June. I noticed a couple of posts saying that there is only one Uk style plug point in the room, is this correct? We will have mossie deterrant, phones, ipods, kindles, and cameras to recharge overnight so a bit worried about how we will cope. How have visitors coped with this in the past?

Thanks

france
Level Contributor
1,029 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Biyadhoo plugs

I would recommend taking an extension lead and a 4way uk adaptor with power surge protection. the uk plug is in the wardrobe beside where the kettle and fridge are - there was not alot of space to put other bits in unless you do a bit of re arranging.

cassie

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,173 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Biyadhoo plugs

There is just the one 3 square pin socket as cassie says, but there are several other old UK 3 round pin sockets. There has always been one adaptor in the room when we've been, but we always take an extra couple of adaptors + a 4 gang extension lead. We find this gives enough outlets for our needs, but we don't have a kindle. One other point - I don't like using the hairdryer in the bathroom and always take a travel one (yes I know everyone says don't bother, but I'm funny like that!). There isn't a socket close enough to the mirror in the room, so I either have to use the extension lead we take (which can be inconvenient for Mr SL charging up things) or, as I have done a couple of times, pack another small mirror to use.

SL

Milton Keynes
Level Contributor
127 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Biyadhoo plugs

thanks Cassie and Sunlover for your replies, will add an extension lead to the list, along with sunlounger cushions plenty of mossie spray and suncream and all our gadgets. I think I will give the hairdryer a miss as luckily my hair is relatively straight and will let it dry naturally!

Edited: 6:24 am, April 06, 2012
Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
9,417 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Biyadhoo plugs

Hi

If you take an adapter for UK 3 pin round plugs, plus a 4 gang extension lead, you will have plenty of sockets available for recharging etc.

OD

5. Re: Biyadhoo plugs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:16 pm, June 19, 2013