We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Resorts that offer 4 (2 Adults & 2 Kids) beds in a room

Chennai
Level Contributor
94 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Resorts that offer 4 (2 Adults & 2 Kids) beds in a room

Hello

I am planning to do a trip to Maldives in August or September 2012 with my family. There would be 4 of us - 2 Adults, a 5 year old and a one year old. Since the kids are not old enough to stay in a room by themselves, I need a resort that offers bedding arrangement for all 4 of us in a single room.

I have a budget of between 2000 - 3000$ US for accommodation, transfer & food excluding drinks & other activities for 5 days to a week (flexible on this count).

A fair bit of googling threw up the suggestions of Meeru and Kuredu as resorts with in this budget and & offering 4 beds in the room.

Are there any other resort that would be with in my budget that offer 4 beds in a room?

Thanks in advance

Krishna

Swanwick, United...
Level Contributor
4,400 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Resorts that offer 4 (2 Adults & 2 Kids) beds in a room

Biyadhoo has family rooms (1x double and 2x single beds). However this island is very basic and is not to everyone's taste, so may not be what you are looking for.

Chennai
Level Contributor
94 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Resorts that offer 4 (2 Adults & 2 Kids) beds in a room

Thanks for the quick response Turquoise.

The main attraction in Maldives for me lies in the beach & under the water. I'd be happy as long as the room is clean and functional. I'd definitely street clear of Islands with Karaoke & other loud entertainment. Looking at the reviews for Biyadhoo, i'd be more than happy there :)

Cheers

Krishna

Swanwick, United...
Level Contributor
4,400 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Resorts that offer 4 (2 Adults & 2 Kids) beds in a room

Krishna

The reef is good and close to shore and also the lagoon is shallow enough for children. The one thing to bear in mind though is that there is only one bar so you can't really escape the entertainment, although children are welcome to join in(no karaoke but nightly bands) Everything worked in our room although a bit dated. Food and service was good. Although no real facilities for kids there were a lot of under 5's when we went. The island is quite close to Male but still has excellent views.

regards T23

Guernsey
Level Contributor
165 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Resorts that offer 4 (2 Adults & 2 Kids) beds in a room

Hi

Have you looked at Vilamendhoo? We went in September this year with a 1 year old and had a cot in one corner of the room. There was also a spare bed in the room that was used a sofa but is there for a third person so plenty of room for the 4 of you. Even with the spare bed and cot there was still lots of room to move around. There is a kiddies pool and plans for a playground at some point. Entertainment can be loud on occasional nights but later in the evening. The staff were amazing with our daughter and really helped in making it a relaxed holiday!

Under the water is great at Vila too :-)

england
Level Contributor
2,449 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Resorts that offer 4 (2 Adults & 2 Kids) beds in a room

Biyadhoo is utterly dire. My room was absolutely filthy. Not a single toilet seat in the place fits the toilet it rests on. I hope that gives you some idea of what it's like. The reef ain't that good either.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,176 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Resorts that offer 4 (2 Adults & 2 Kids) beds in a room

Hi

Personally, I love Biyadhoo, but it is not to everyone's taste, especially if they have already experienced very good 4* resorts elsewhere. We have visited this island quite a few times, but in full knowledge that it is at (very) best a 2.5* island. The rooms are quite dark inside and furnished in an 'old fashioned' but typically Maldivian fashion. When we first visited we were somewhat taken aback by the fusebox alongside the shower in the bathroom, but hey... we paid very little for the wonderfully peaceful atmosphere, and very good reef. It has changed over the years and is now more lively than previously. The fuse box has been resited, and most of the 'issues' that people used to complain about with regards to the plumbing, have been fixed. BUT it is still just a 2.5* island with 2.5* levels of maintenance. Is it suitable for young children? Well there are no special facilities, but you will find that the staff simply adore little ones and will go out of their way to make life easy for you. The lagoon is glorious for children of this age, wonderfully sandy, shallow and blissfully warm, + there is plenty of shade on the beach.

All in all, if you go with an open mind and are aware of the 'negatives' in advance, then I'm sure you would enjoy it.

SL

france
Level Contributor
1,029 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Resorts that offer 4 (2 Adults & 2 Kids) beds in a room

hi Krishna,

from memory Bandos deluxe rooms can fit 2+2, there is a very good reef,kids club, playpark, kids pool and the restuarant was bright and spacious.. the transfer is only 20 minutes by boat. It was our first maldives as a family (went before our son was born to other islands) We had an excellent family holiday.

I think this would be within your budget for the time you are going.

I personally would recommend this as a far better option than Biyadhoo - even more so with little kids.

If kuredu and meeru are within budget I think they would also be far better than biya ( possibly better than bandos - I do not know much about these islands)

australia
Level Contributor
554 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Resorts that offer 4 (2 Adults & 2 Kids) beds in a room

Last month we Visited Diva now renamed as Lux. We travelled with a 2.5yr old and a 10 month old baby. We had connecting rooms there. They are duplex style so you get bascially a whole villa to yourself with connecting doors. So much space and two bathrooms (much more then we needed) We received a special where we paid only small amount extra to have whole extra room. i noticed they are advertising a similiar special on http://www.totstoo.com/ .

If you are travelling with children and a house reef isn't your priority but a resort that is set up for kids is I very much recommend this resort.

Ours cost a bit more then what your budget is but we went fully inclusive and went for 7night.. So not sure what the rates are without the all inclusive.. Goodluck..

Chennai
Level Contributor
94 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Resorts that offer 4 (2 Adults & 2 Kids) beds in a room

jcojco & cassie,

Thanks for the input on Vila & Bandos. I will investigate them. The presence of a kids club in Bandos does seem attractive.

Hi luvofholidays

The totstoo lists deals including airfare from Europe. Seeing that you have listed your location as Australia, were you offered a deal excluding airfare? The 70% off a second room is attractive. I will request a quote from them

Looking at the reviews, i would keep Biya in my short list too.

Thanks all your input. Now is the time to do some more homework.

Cheers

Krishna

australia
Level Contributor
554 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Resorts that offer 4 (2 Adults & 2 Kids) beds in a room

Hi Krishna,

When I was getting quotes totstoo defintitely did accommodation without flights. They were very efficient and I would have had no problem booking with them. It's always been cheaper for me to book out of Australia. Another company actually come in slightly cheaper and I booked with them and they went broke.. So that wasn't nice but a lovelly guy from Hummingbird took over my booking for the same price. Very good service from them as well. I also booked through http://www.scaevolatravel.com/ and Michelle there is very very helpful but I don't think they have Lux* on their books, but they also do accommodation only being a local Male travel agency.

Cheers

Kim

Edited: 7:39 am, December 21, 2011