We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best beach in the Maldives

Chichester
Level Contributor
28 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Best beach in the Maldives

Which is the best island for a beautiful beach...but on a budget as my daughter is treating me? Lots of shallow water for swimming. Have been to Meed already...any other suggestions please. Looking at October/November 2012.

Cumbria, United...
Level Contributor
3,446 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best beach in the Maldives

Hi

There have been a couple of posts recently asking for opinions on the best beach/biggest lagoon - one of which is here

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g293953-i7445-o100…

In order to give you suggestions you will need to give more of an idea of your budget and length of visit.

My thoughts would be Fihalhohi as a budget or possibly Angaga or Reethi Beach which will come in higher but might be do-able in October. Biyadhoo is one of the lowest budget islands and has a good stretch of beach and lagoon on the westside but you need to be aware and accepting of its standards of accommodation and simple catering - it is however one of the few islands that does not penalise single travellers with supplements (when I last checked)

H

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,114 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best beach in the Maldives

i find dhiggiri to be the most picturesque budget island , personally

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best beach in the Maldives

I like Meed (commonly known!) as the beach is really quite wide. You want somewhere different I guess, or did not like it last time?

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
9,417 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best beach in the Maldives

BIyadhoo gets my vote.

OD

Liverpool
Level Contributor
5,300 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best beach in the Maldives

I thought Angaga was the most picturesque of the resorts we've stayed, with the nicest beach.

Ian

Hampshire
Level Contributor
2,365 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Best beach in the Maldives

Hi

I really liked Mirihi earlier this week for its powder soft sand and reef close to shore - but realise it may not meet your budget needs - however it would help if you define your desired spend.

Thanks

Richard from PurelyMaldives

Chichester
Level Contributor
28 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best beach in the Maldives

Thanks to everyone so far for your contributions. I will check them all out.

Mich

Wid
Wirral,England
Level Contributor
3,508 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best beach in the Maldives

Angaga and Fiha for me but Fiha is now defo much more a budget island than the former.

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
3,642 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best beach in the Maldives

Holiday island has a good beach and lagoon:

…tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/01/d1/91/32/h…

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,955 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best beach in the Maldives

Mirihi is not a budget resort - the opposite! The only ones readily bookable that could be described as 'budget' are Biyadhoo, Fihalhohi and Embudu Island.