We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

maldives from UK via Las Vegas

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
56 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
maldives from UK via Las Vegas

Hi there,

I'm starting to plan my honeymoon in january 2013. The perfect trip would be 3 days in las vegas and 10-11 days in Maldives, leacing from UK. I don't have a clue where to start to organize it, and don't want to pay twice more than I should.

I hope some good soul with knowledge can point me in the right direction ;-)

Kent, England
Level Contributor
4,469 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: maldives from UK via Las Vegas

Jim, I say this with the nicest of intentions but do you have absolutely any idea of the distances/logistics and costs involved in this? My honest advice would be to just completely scrap even the notion of it right now.

The Maldives is roughly an 11 hour flight from the UK and Vegas is about 10 hours the wrong way. The distance from Vegas to the Maldives is almost 10,000 miles and a flight time of somewhere around 20 hours and of course non-direct which would massively extend your flight time due to stop overs. You would most certainly end up coming back past the UK to get to the Maldives and possibly have to do numerous changes, I don't need to tell you the sort of cost involved. Spammie is a destination expert who travels from the US and can maybe confirm.

The amount of jet lag you would encounter on this trip would be so bad that you surely would not be able to enjoy the Maldives. I think you need to decide which you would prefer to do and plan around that rather than try and combine the two.

Sorry!

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
9,417 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: maldives from UK via Las Vegas

Hi

Have a look at Singapore Airlines: Heathrow to Los Angeles to Singapore to Male. You would need a commuter flight I guess from LAX to Las Vegas but at least you would be flying overall in one direction i.e west from London.

An alternative route would be London to Los Angeles with an airline of your choice and then fly Emirates from LAX back the same way direct to Dubai and then on to Male in the Maldives.

Whichever you look at it, a lot of flying is involved.

You could also try posting on the Airlines Forum where someone will be able to give you chapter and verse on the best route to take.

Good luck!

OD

Edited: 7:36 am, November 28, 2011
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
56 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: maldives from UK via Las Vegas

Thanks for talking some senss into me ;-)

I was just a crazy idea, but I think I will stick to Maldives only..and go to Vegas other time.

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,024 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: maldives from UK via Las Vegas

you are looking at a "round the world" trip ... i am glad you gave up on that ... you would be loosing several days traveling .. nevermind the cost and inconvenience.

fine fantasy .. but i think we have to invent a proper teleportation system first :D

france
Level Contributor
1,029 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: maldives from UK via Las Vegas

It would certainly be a long way around for a shortcut!

Folkestone, United...
Destination Expert
for Southern Ari Atoll, Maldives
Level Contributor
2,850 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: maldives from UK via Las Vegas

Hi Jimclark

The classic answer to your query is 'I wouldn't start from here'

Regards

Doug

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
3,574 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: maldives from UK via Las Vegas

Without meaning to be rude, maybe a world map would be a good Xmas present!

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,024 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: maldives from UK via Las Vegas

under the best of circunstances , you would loose a combined 4.5 - 5 days travelling .. nevermind the cost - as you have to pay for all one-way flights and you'd be forced to mix and match airlines .. you had better be independently wealthy or plan on winning big in vegas

Warrington
Level Contributor
213 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: maldives from UK via Las Vegas

If you want a short city break and then a relaxing island stay then you could always consider a couple of nights in Dubai and then maybe a 10 day Maldives holiday... unless you were just interested in the gambling and bright lights... If this is the case then definitely just do Vegas another time.

Marc

10. Re: maldives from UK via Las Vegas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 pm, June 22, 2013