We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for reasonably priced room and good snorkeling

Fort Smith, Arkansas
Level Contributor
7 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for reasonably priced room and good snorkeling

Hello! I'm looking for a decent room that is about $200-$300/night that has good snorkeling with a lot of reef life (fish, etc). Thanks in advance! I've read through a ton of pages on the forum and it is all a bit overwhelming for a first trip to the Maldives.

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,448 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for reasonably priced room and good snorkeling

what time of year are you looking to go ? there are huge price differences between high and low season.

at first glance , i would suggest maayafushi , fhalhohi, vilamendhoo or biyadoo

Fort Smith, Arkansas
Level Contributor
7 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for reasonably priced room and good snorkeling

I'm looking at some where between November 27th to December 15th. I heard Biyadoo was pretty run down and dirty, what is your opinion? Thanks for the advice.

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for reasonably priced room and good snorkeling

I think it's in the suggestion list as it has a very good house reef and for potential budget constraints depending on your time of visit. The accommodation is in blocks, which is not typical of the Maldives, where beach bungalows or water villas are more the norm and are the case in the other three.

You are coming into high season, but still early and also out with school holidays, so if it's 300us b&b, you should find something in your budget, however time is very, very tight now if you mean you want to go next month. If you are not using a travel agent and booking direct, I would start contacting resorts now, availability may be a bigger constraint.

france
Level Contributor
1,029 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for reasonably priced room and good snorkeling

from spammies list above - I think vila would be a good option,the reef there is said to be better than fiha's.I have been to fiha and biya and preferred fiha,

have a read at miss fitts post "Why don't people read reviews" for a good mix of opinions on your other question.

I second froggy above - start checking availability now.

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
9,417 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for reasonably priced room and good snorkeling

Hi

I'm never sure how the prices work in US$ but Angaga might fit your budget.

Biyadhoo is a cheap island in Maldives terms with a good house reef and good snorkelling.

OD

Fort Smith, Arkansas
Level Contributor
7 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for reasonably priced room and good snorkeling

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm looking into availability now.

7. Re: Looking for reasonably priced room and good snorkeling

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:15 am, October 25, 2012