We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help....Centara or Kuredo ????

uk
Level Contributor
21 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Help....Centara or Kuredo ????

Centara or Kuredo ???

france
Level Contributor
1,029 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help....Centara or Kuredo ????

airgirl,

what are you looking for with your holiday? your choice of islands is quite different I think.

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,922 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help....Centara or Kuredo ????

is there a "neither" choice ?

like cassie says.. they are very different island and we'd have to know what you specifically picked them for

.. kuredu is large, massmarket ... very poor snorkeling mediocre dive sites by comparison.

centara is very family friendly .. not much privacy.. not very pretty island (in my subjective opinion) .. tries very hard to come across as trendy .. has a quite good reef though and is in an excellent location for diving. if you are travelling with children, centara is a good choice.

if this is your first visit to the maldives, you will enjoy both.

i would personally choose none of the two but everyone has different priorities and expectations.

uk
Level Contributor
21 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help....Centara or Kuredo ????

Hi we are a family with 2 teenagers travelling for my husbands 50 th .. The above hotels offer family accommodation and we would like all inclusive .... We would like somewhere to snorkel but it's not going to be a diving holiday ... Flights are booked and we go in October .. Any advice most welcome Thanks

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,922 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help....Centara or Kuredo ????

my teenager always gets his own villa .. seems to work much better for us than trying to squeeze in some kind of family room and doesn't limit our island choices that way.

if the family villa is a big deciding factor , then centara is a good choice as their villas are very large and you are not going for romance and privacy anyhow.

centara's reef is quite good and if someone can't resist and wants to take up diving - you are certainly in a good place for it.

Edited: 9:24 am, February 12, 2011
UK
Level Contributor
630 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help....Centara or Kuredo ????

We have been to kuredu with our teenagers. They had the villa next door at no extra charge as they are full price anyway. Don't recall any four person villas there. This is a big island with small golf course and volleyball etc. Good for activities for families and all inc. Snorkelling is rubbish though and we had bad tummy issues with the food, I would not return personally. There are far better islands that you would all enjoy. Good luck with the research.

france
Level Contributor
1,029 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help....Centara or Kuredo ????

Haven't been to kuredu- larger islands do not appeal to us, would recommend centara have been twice - small island ,excellent food from all restuarants (imo).

watersports and dive staff and equipment are great with enough to keep you busy if you want to. tennis court - volleyball and football with the staff on the beach. and a well equipped teen zone -, the staff are amazing - young,proffessional and very friendly - they would really keep the teens amused !! excellent spa if a little pricey.

I have a link on an older forum post of photos of the island if you want to take a look.

happy researching

Edited: 3:27 am, February 14, 2011
London, United...
Level Contributor
2,057 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help....Centara or Kuredo ????

We had a great time on Kuredu. Food, staff and everything was excellent. Check the reviews and score.

Yep it is large by the Maldives standards but the island will seem small to you. Lots of bars, different restaurants, things to do for young and old.

The snorkelling is fine in my view for a casual experience. The island also does some nice trips to local reefs and the dive center was very professional.

It’s a great first island as spammie has said. Is there better………yep but I think it is a safe choice for your first time.

Mentioned in this post
Kuredu
Kuredu
Lhaviyani Atoll
8. Re: Help....Centara or Kuredo ????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 pm, February 22, 2012