We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

photos Biyadhoo/Makunudu jan 2011.

france
Level Contributor
1,029 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
photos Biyadhoo/Makunudu jan 2011.

reviews posted of Biyadhoo and makunudu of my trip last week.did not dive as much as had hoped . dissapointed by the diving photos- but put them on the link all the same.

photos :

http://picasaweb.google.com/1divingmaldives

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
9,417 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: photos Biyadhoo/Makunudu jan 2011.

Hi Cassie

Many thanks. I have happy memories of both islands and will read your reviews and look at your pictures with interest.

OD

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
379 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: photos Biyadhoo/Makunudu jan 2011.

Thank you for sharing cassie,

Always nice to see the real resort through the eyes of someone who has actually been there...

(I always wonder why people put such strange things in the ashtrays?)

Love the baby sharks. I'll be looking out for your reviews -

Abbi :- )

Madrid, Spain
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
4,054 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: photos Biyadhoo/Makunudu jan 2011.

Cassie, thanks for the pictures...

One question at the Biya/Makunudu album, I can see dead coral in some of the pictures, was that at Biyadhoo or at Makunudu, or at both?

Truro, United...
Level Contributor
573 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: photos Biyadhoo/Makunudu jan 2011.

Hi Cassie

Thank you so much for sharing your pictures ... They all bring back such happy memories of my favorite place on earth:)

Love the whaleshark and table corals especially, and the mantas and nudibranches, oh I loved them all...

Cheers Cassie

Telford, United...
Level Contributor
1,761 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: photos Biyadhoo/Makunudu jan 2011.

Thanks Cassie, I love Biyadhoo x

Kent, England
Level Contributor
4,468 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: photos Biyadhoo/Makunudu jan 2011.

Thanks for sharing your pics cassie.

I saw your biya review earlier and am sorry to hear you were disappointed.

sg2
Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Marsa Alam
Level Contributor
4,098 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: photos Biyadhoo/Makunudu jan 2011.

thanks for sharing photos and your review- sorry it didn't meet your expectations.

I do actually agree with your comment about the smell - we noticed it, talking with some others , the view was it has become so popular that it the island is nearly always 90%+ full and the island infrastructure is struggling to cope. I hope you raised the issues with the management whilst you were there..

Sg

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,173 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: photos Biyadhoo/Makunudu jan 2011.

Have to say the 'smell' seems to occur on a number of islands. The worst one I have encountered so far was at Meeru, near the overwater spa. Much worse than Biyadhoo! Think you're right sg and that it has something to do with islands being full/nearly full to capacity.

SL

London
Level Contributor
1,919 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: photos Biyadhoo/Makunudu jan 2011.

I liked most of our holiday at Biyadhoo in October but the main gripe I have with them is maintenance. They seemed happy enough to have rooms with large sheets of paint peeling off them and when enough people complain and have to get shifted to other rooms they scrape off the loose paint and paint over. We were at Lily Beach six months before it closed and they were still following a programmed maintenance schedule even though the whole place was soon to be gutted. Biyadhoo just seems to fix things when they go wrong. The staff and food were great but if they could put a little money in keeping the resort a bit nicer it would have a much greater experience.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,173 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: photos Biyadhoo/Makunudu jan 2011.

Totally agree Gengy. They did actually start a maintenance programme a couple of years ago, replacing balustrades, painting etc, but I guess because of the level of the island it isn't an on-going thing. There's no getting away from the fact that it's really a 2/2.5* resort, so isn't going to be kept as well as even a 3/3-5* place.

SL