We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to book water villas in Maldives for reasonable rate>>

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
25 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Where to book water villas in Maldives for reasonable rate>>

we are planning to go in early December for like 6 days......

not sure what should be the reasonable rate would be for water villas but say $200 to $300.....is that even possible for a decent water villas?

TIA

Hampshire
Level Contributor
2,438 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to book water villas in Maldives for reasonable rate>>

Hello Rahul

Things are a bit limited for you I'm afraid.

The only Water Villa in your budget is :-

Embudu Village - but I will get criticised for mentioning it.

Just over budget:-

Summer Island Village

Kuredu

Medhufushi

Sun Island

I hope you sort out somewhere nice to enjoy yourselves.

Richard from PurelyMaldives

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,176 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to book water villas in Maldives for reasonable rate>>

Hi TIA

December is the start of the high season, so everything (pricewise) goes up a notch (or two!). As Richard says, you will really struggle to get a water villa for that price, but if you are prepared to compromise and go for a beach villa, that is more do-able. Be warned though that things get very booked up in advance in the Maldives, so you need to move quickly if you want to secure something for this December. Personally speaking, I prefer beach villas as you don't have the problem of scorching hot walkwaysto get to your room, the water is just metres from your feet and 9 times out of ten you are closer to the necessary amenties ie the bar and restaurant!

Hope you have some success.

SL

sg2
Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Marsa Alam
Level Contributor
4,142 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to book water villas in Maldives for reasonable rate>>

Another thing to consider with WVs is, not all have direct access to the water, Summer Island Village for one,so you need to check that. As SL says we prefere a beach villa with the sand beneath your feet.

Sg

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,659 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to book water villas in Maldives for reasonable rate>>

As the others have mentioned, you'd be more likely to get the rate you want if you're travelling outside of the high season (usually October through to April).

5. Re: Where to book water villas in Maldives for reasonable rate>>

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 20, 2011