We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

To all TA participants - Midnight on NYE

Wid
Wirral,England
Level Contributor
3,741 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
To all TA participants - Midnight on NYE

Our NY Eve plans are down the pan due to hubby being struck lifeless with a chest infection on top of full blown 'flu. Great.

Those of us who are off to the Maldives in 2009 will no doubt toast the fact at midnight, but where will you all be? At home like us? Local pub? Knees-up with neighbours/friends?

Wid

Liverpool GB.
Level Contributor
7,430 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: To all TA participants - Midnight on NYE

Hi Wid

At home looking after the Grandkids, so others can go out, Good for us and not costly, more money saved, Hmmm now when is our next holiday ??? Lol

HAPPY DAYS

Rumps

Wid
Wirral,England
Level Contributor
3,741 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: To all TA participants - Midnight on NYE

Ooh I'll look for your halo lighting up the Liverpool bay sky!

Wid

Liverpool GB.
Level Contributor
7,430 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: To all TA participants - Midnight on NYE

Lol lol Lol.

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
9,417 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: To all TA participants - Midnight on NYE

Hi Wid

Sorry to hear about your plans. hope hubby is on the road to recovery.

Mrs D and I, being old and decreppit - not to mention miserable old ***** - we don't usually bother with seeing in the New Year. We go to bed with a nice cup of cocoa!

OD

London, United...
Level Contributor
653 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: To all TA participants - Midnight on NYE

.......hi Wid... so sorry to hear your plans are 'down the pan'.. and poor hubby!!!!!!!!!

Friends of ours are putting on a 'Race Night' so we are going there (with lots of others!), it is optional to dress with a Racing Theme, now I (a big fancy dress party person!) was always going 'dressed as going to the Races you know, nice dress BIG Hat etc....) now hubby NOT A BIG Fancy dress fan, i may add, as decided he will, so Fancy Dress Shop this afternoon - results `1. 'Racing' Emu (Berni Clifton)

2. Jockey (colourful) outfit.!

complete with Jodphurs, etc.

so there we are!.........daughters coming with us, eldest is 'mortified' and she hasnt seen him all kitted out YET..!

I have a big black/white hat a'la' Audrey Hepburn in My Fair Lady, + black dress, gloves etc...(hired too)

........but, well it shud be a laugh, hee hee!!!!!!

and yes, its not a joke everyone else is dressing up, honestly...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....?

........so cameras at the ready, and hoping we can get INTO the Taxi......

.......so would just like to add............

WISHING EVERYONE A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR WHEREVER IN THE WORLD YOU WILL BE, AND IF ITS MALDIVES, LUCKY BEGGERS, YES I TOO WOULD LOVE TO BE THERE, Mmmmm or perhaps anywhere, tomorrow night.......ha ha!!

.............Cheers, best wishes the DmM...x..

lincs
Level Contributor
498 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: To all TA participants - Midnight on NYE

Hi Wid,

Hope hubby is feeling better,what a miserable way to celebrate xmas & the New Year,still at least you haven't long to wait for Angaga.

I shall be alone as hubby is working,( was going out ,but Ollie had another fit today so will not leave him)still could manage a few glasses of bubbly on my own LOL.No Maldives trip as yet to look forward to ,heres hoping for the New Year.

A very Happy New Year to all.

Suexx

Stourbridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,105 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: To all TA participants - Midnight on NYE

Hi Wid

don't feel like celebrating this year with my sister passing away just before christmas so will be at home like you, but i would like to wish everyone out there a very happy and healthy new year and here's to happy holidays

regards susie

Wid
Wirral,England
Level Contributor
3,741 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: To all TA participants - Midnight on NYE

Susie

Oh bl**** h***, and there was I thinking "poor me". I am so sorry - how terrible. There is a jinx on this year it seems.

I do hope you are ok. Take care.

Wid

Wid
Wirral,England
Level Contributor
3,741 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: To all TA participants - Midnight on NYE

Sue

Oh dear - give Ollie big hug from me. And things seemed to be on the up for him. I hope things stabalise soon. Chin up and take care.

OD

If that makes you two miserable old fa*** then we are as well. Must go with the age territory ... and no I'm not telling!

Divine

You do make me giggle. You sound like me and my bessie school mate were when we were in our teens. Naughty, but nice naughty. Have a great racy night whatever you end up wearing - or not wearing!

Will think of you all.

Wid

lincs
Level Contributor
498 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: To all TA participants - Midnight on NYE

Think we sad & sorry lot will have to party through you Divine.We will expect a detailed report when you get over the party(a la Lifesaver style,so we can party vicariously!)

Love Suex