We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

komandoo island

London
2 posts
Save Topic
komandoo island

Hi all,

My wife and I have decided to go to the Maldives at the end of November this year. We want to stay in a water bungalow, and all inclusive, if possible in an island not too big, and with good accessible snorkelling. After reading lots of reviews, we have set our heart on Komandoo, which looks fabulous.

My only concern is the sea wall. Has anybody been there recently ? Is it all around the island and is it very visible ? It would be a shame if it spoilt the view...Could you please let me know ? Thanks for your help and advice.

Rvdart

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,852 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: komandoo island

Hi we were there in March and sea wall is not unsightly. Komandoo is fabulous. I can post loads of photos if you like?

Manchester, Uk.
Level Contributor
747 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: komandoo island

Hi LoveTravelling,

Please can you post photos anyway, and a review if poss? - my friend is Honeymooning ther next year, and would love to see real pics. Much appreciated.

Thanks, Lisa.

Cotswolds, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives, North Male Atoll, Southern Ari Atoll, Lhaviyani Atoll
Level Contributor
4,638 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: komandoo island

I'd love to see the photos too please....activegirl

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,852 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: komandoo island

OK I will post photos and come back and tell you when I manage it and the link also!

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,852 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: komandoo island

I am a failure, FAQ says you cannot post photos! Do you all use Hotmail messenger? Email me at gaynorhives@hotmail.com and I will send you photos or if you use messenger we can do it in livetime. Komandoo was a great island and the swimming/snorkelling was very good. The wall is all the way round but it really doesn't spoil the view at all. We have been to other islands and they had walls as well! When you are on Komandoo they do a free trip to a nearby deserted island, minimum 2 people. They take you over on a speed boat and leave you for 2 or 3 hours. We took a bottle of water with us and swam and snorkelled and sunbathed on a deserted beach! The island is very small and you can walk round it in a 5 minutes but its fun. Komandoo is one of the islands we would return to with no hesitation. The food was good, the service excellent and the water bungalows very nice indeed. We were quite near the bar/restaurant/spa and faced the local island. The only thing Komandoo doesnt have is a swimming pool but we dont mind that as the lagoon is on your doorstep.

Manchester, Uk.
Level Contributor
747 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: komandoo island

Hi Lovetravelling,

Thanks for trying - you could post a review, as you can add 8 photos along with the review.

Lisa.

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,852 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: komandoo island

Ok I will do that, I have also posted quite a few photos on Yahoo and one can "share" the album by email.

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,852 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: komandoo island

I have posted 10 photos on review, it takes a couple of days before they can be viewed apparently. I realise that since I have been there they have built the new water villas, our villa would have been classified as a beach villa. However a few more villas will not have made a difference to island as the whole place is tastefully built and classy. The management of the island made it for me, Melida (the manager) was VERY efficient and she really had the resort running smoothly, everybody was very courteous. Everything from the staff welcome, the welcome letter, to final evening was beautifully run. (If you are looking for loads of evening entertainment this is not the place for you, there was a wide screen tv near the bar but very few people watched it and that was all.) As soon as photos are loaded tripadvisor will email me and I will let you know.

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,852 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: komandoo island

Hi My photos are on the site but my pc hasn't got enough memory to look at them! Under the hotel review, candid user photos