We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which is better, Maldives or Mauritius?

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Which is better, Maldives or Mauritius?

I have Hilton points and we can go to the Maldives or Mauritius. Please tell me the differences between them.

Switzerland
Level Contributor
39 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which is better, Maldives or Mauritius?

I really recommend you Maldives if you like water and fishes, sandy beaches and the clearest water i've never seen.

There is one difference : Maldives are very small islands, you can walk around in about 30 min. But it worths !. You have a beach only for you !.

Mauritius is different, more people at the beaches, bigger.

It depends what you are looking for...fun, calm...

Stavanger, Norway
Level Contributor
4,142 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which is better, Maldives or Mauritius?

Hi

I haven't been to Mauritius so I'm not really in the position to tell the difference between the two places. But my wife and I went to the Maldives in April last year to a place called Sun Island and it is hard to imagine that it can be more beautiful than that. The beaches were white and the ocean was sooo blue. I have posted a trip report with some pictures on my homepage http://gardkarlsen.com. Maybe this can give you some idea of what to expect :-)

Regards

Gard

england
Level Contributor
188 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Which is better, Maldives or Mauritius?

HI

I came back from mauritus in november. It was wonderful. Beautiful country, lovely people and great food. The beaches are amazing, and the sea is really blue. Havnt been to maldives yet but is is on my list of places to go. If it is anywhere as good as mauritius i wil be very happy.

Bristol, UK
Level Contributor
18 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which is better, Maldives or Mauritius?

What do you want from your holiday? If you want total relaxation, no sightseeing, no evening entertainment, then go to the Maldives. They are beautiful, the swimming is fantastic, the reefs are wonderful.

However Mauritius is beautiful, unfortunately the reefs seem to be somewhat damaged and most of the fish have either been eaten or have gone somewhere else, however the people are great and you can get around and do some sightseeing.

Both have pluses and minuses.