We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

September 2005 Honeymoon at The Hilton Maldives.....

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Topic
September 2005 Honeymoon at The Hilton Maldives.....

Hi There,

I have heard so many exceptional reviews about the Hilton Maldives that we decided to book our Honeymoon in September there instead of the Huvafen Fushi which also looked amazing.

As we are travelling from Australia and paying in $US we were restricted by our budget to a water villa and have no detail as to what they are like as most of the brochures and pictures focus on the more upmarket Deluxe and Sunset villas.

Has anyone stayed in the standard water villa?

Would it be better possibly to change to the Deluxe Beach villa??

Also, we have booked on a half board basis, but reading the reviews it looks like it might be best to just choose as you go?

Finally, has anyone been in September/October and experienced the weather??

Thanks in anticipation

Lisa

Berkshire
Level Contributor
1,044 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: September 2005 Honeymoon at The Hilton Maldives.....

Hi

We went to the Hilton las year and I can safely say it was the best holiday of our life and we have travelled extensively! We had booked the standard water villa which was lovely, however we upgraded after the 2nd night - not because we were unhappy with our room but my husband suggested seeing how much it was too upgrade and as it was about 1/3 cheaper than having done it at booking stage we decided to upgrade to a superior water villa. (I think it was about $100 a night to upgrade). Superior is same size as the one you have booked but better decoration, jacuzzi on deck and better deck layout and better views/location. However, even if you dont choose to upgrade to a superior one you will be very happy with the one you have booked. We really liked the water villa island as it was very private but swimming from the beach villa island is better and the house reef is off the beach villa island - I guess it all depends on what you prefer. We are planning to go back next year and although the new beach villas look great we will go back to the water villa island as we loved it so much! Have a great trip - you will not be disappointed!

uk
Level Contributor
885 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: September 2005 Honeymoon at The Hilton Maldives.....

hilton has been revamped and there are new deluxe beach villas which are huge with private plunge pools that have just been built- they look fantastic. They have a bigger sq footage than the over water bungalows. If u cant upgrade water willa- think the deluxe beach one looks fantastic- u could combine beach and OWB during ur stay.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: September 2005 Honeymoon at The Hilton Maldives.....

Thanks so much for the information - After reading further on these forums I have noticed how many similar questions keep getting asked, so I really appreciate you taking time out to respond.

I think we will stay with the water villa for now and look at an upgrade to superior or deluxe when we get there.

Although the option of doing both beach and over water villas is a great idea... I am guessing that packing and unpacking is something we may not want to do on our honeymoon?!!

Speaking of which, my fiance is a big action man who gets bored very easily! Luckily , it looks like there are loads of activities at the resort to occupy him.

Will Hilton cater for a lazy water/ sun worshipper like me as well as Mr activities who craves adventures and actually wanted to know what the GYM facilities are like at the Resort!!!

Thats one place on the island I think I wont be reporting back on!

Cheers

Lisa

uk
Level Contributor
885 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: September 2005 Honeymoon at The Hilton Maldives.....

of course the hilton caters to a person who is there to relax and sunbathe- that is what the maldives are all about. You both will have fun!!