We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sunny island (...or is it?)

london
2 posts
Save Topic
sunny island (...or is it?)

hi all....just stumbled upon this site...and what a help its turning out to be.

i still have a little question though....

i'm planning on going to Sunny Island in july, i cant seem to work out if thats a bad time for weather out there or not. anyone have any idea?? and if you've been, how was it?

thanks

UK
Level Contributor
67 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sunny island (...or is it?)

If you mean Sun Island, I posted this a couple of days ago.

"We went to Sun Island in July 2003 and the weather is fine. It does rain sometimes and we had 2-3 days of overcast weahter in 2 weeks. It doesn't matter though because it is always hot and when it does rain it is over within an hour. Sometimes it is nice because it can get very warm out there.

A tip for you, contact the resort directly before you go and upgrade to a water bungalow, it is much cheaper than going through a UK travel agent and when you get there you will be in the best accomadation dining in a separate restaurant for water bungalow guests only. Also there are no mozzies out at sea and because the island is so large it does not get sprayed so mozzies can be a problem on land. We upgraded when we got there and it costs us $29 per night, the UK travel agent wanted $180 per night. "

Stavanger, Norway
Level Contributor
4,142 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sunny island (...or is it?)

Hi

My wife and I went to Sun Island in April last year and we had a great time there. I have posted a trip report with pictures on my homepage http://gardkarlsen.com. Maybe you can find some useful information there :-)

Regards

Gard