We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkeling in the Maldives

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Snorkeling in the Maldives

We will be coming into Male on a cruise ship. Saw a morning snorkeling offer from Viator . Description says, "make your way to the Hulhumale jetty". Anyone know where the jetty might be in relation to cruise ship? I tried calling Viator but they had no idea. Any other reasonable half day snorkeling from male? Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Hulhumale
Hulhumale
North Male Atoll
2 replies to this topic
Sherwood Forest
Level Contributor
241 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Snorkeling in the Maldives

Hi miriam048

If you type “Hulhumale' Ferry Terminal, Male, Maldives” into Google Maps and zoom in on Map View you can see the location of the 7 Jetties. Jetty No 1 is opposite Republic Square and Jetty No 7 is just to the left of Fishermans Park, it’s about 500mts between No 1 & No 7. I’m not sure where your Cruise Ships will dock but if it’s the North Harbour it’s close to No 1 Jetty (you would need to check this).

Hope this is of some help.

Mentioned in this post
Male
Male
North Male Atoll
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Snorkeling in the Maldives

I'm assuming your cruise ship will be moored off Male, and you'll be taken to by Male by tender? These would usually come in between jetties 5 and 7. All the jetties along there are fairly close together so it's an easy walk from one to the other.

I'd suggest you check with the trip organisers exactly which jetty they mean. The problem with booking online is that a lot of things get labelled as 'Male' when they may be the airport island (Hulhule) or Hulhumale Island.

You could also look at these people: https://secretparadise.mv/ I've never booked with them but they seem to have a good reputation.

Mentioned in this post
Male
Male
North Male Atoll
Hulhule Island
Hulhule Island
North Male Atoll
Hulhumale
Hulhumale
North Male Atoll
Reply to: Snorkeling in the Maldives
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted