We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

luggage

chester
Level Contributor
56 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
luggage

Were going to our hotel by seaplane, i know your luggage gets taken by boat later on that night. Im thinking of just taking a small case that i can carry on, rather than check in, does anyone know if ill be able to take that on the seaplane or will they take that by boat too. Just a bit paranoid about lost luggage !!!

London, England
Level Contributor
400 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: luggage

Don't worry too much - the majority of the time your luggage will go with you. In the odd case where it can't be fitted on take a rucksack with a change of clothes and a few toiletries and you'll be set for the first few hours.

Don't worry so much !

Nottingham england
Level Contributor
1,303 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: luggage

hols01

As the previous post... just pack a pair of shorts and t-shirt in your hand luggage just in case your luggage has to go by boat.. it's usually a very fast speedboat and does'nt take that long to get there... which island are you going to ??

In the 10 seaplane flights i have been on my luggage has only gone by boat once

Simon

chester
Level Contributor
56 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: luggage

meedhupparu. I just thought i wouldnt be packing that much anyway so might take a smaller case, then i can take it with me !!!

Nottingham england
Level Contributor
1,303 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: luggage

Hi again

Went to Meedhupparu in October 2004

Fabulous island ... our cases came on the seaplane with us.. and the plane was full... but went back by speedboat the night before on the way back... that was because so many people were leaving on the same day it was easier to take luggage first and just have the people on the seaplanes..

It was waiting for us at the airport when we got there

Simon

chester
Level Contributor
56 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: luggage

ok thanks for that!

Lincolnshire, UK
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: luggage

Hi, we went to Meed in Dec last year and our luggage went separately by boat and didn't get to the island 'til about 8.30pm and we had arrived at about 3pm, so we had taken a little bag with some beach wear and other bits and bobs (e.g.sun lotion!) and we could take this on the seaplane with us. It might be an idea to put some evening wear in there too.

Whalley lancashire
8 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: luggage

just booked 2 weeks in july to meedhupparu, reviews sound great, but have been spoilt on my last trip tp the maldives when we stayed at cocopalm. Has anyone stayed in a similar resort like the cocopalm, just to give a comparison to meedhupparu........I know this is a little unfair as cocopalm is a lot more expensive.

Thanks

Seattle, USA
Level Contributor
274 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: luggage

We just returned from 6 weeks in the Maldives and visited Angaga, White Sands, Vilu Reef and Cocoa Palm. Coco Palm was the most expensive but our least favorite. Too quiet and the management a little arrogant. Angaga for the money was great as was White Sands. Vilu Reef was good but very quiet. I would not return to cocoa palm given the cost and the excellence of the other islands.

nkh
California
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: luggage

Hi Mountainmann. I saw that you are a fellow west coaster and you made the jaunt to the Maldives. I live in CA and noticed that most people posting about the Maldives are from Europe and wondered if the journey was just too arduous from the states. What did you think? Was it worth it? It's either the South Pacific or the Maldives for us, so no matter what, we're in for a haul. At the risk of someone calling us bad parents, we're bringing our 18 month daughter with us. She's already been to east coast, Hawaii and the Carribean, so we started training her early!

I am just going to be returning from a tour in Iraq, so we are actually looking for a very quiet place to reconnect as a family and to celebrate our ten year anniversary. Though the solitude was a turnoff for you at the Coco Palm, it is exactly what we are seeking. I don't like hearing that the staff was a little stuffy, I hate feeling to be made like I don't belong. I hope it was only a fluke you experienced.

Would you at all mind sending me photos from your trip? Preferably of the beaches/resorts that you stayed at, in particular the Coco Palms? I would so much appreciate it. My email is nicole.hudspeth@iraq.centcom.mil

Also, can you tell me anything I need to know about the Coco Palms if that is where we decide to stay? Do we have to pay for water? How much do you recommend we budget for food/drinks per day?

Thanks