We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

AirAsia flights from KLIA to NAIA

Manila, Philippines
8 posts
Save Topic
AirAsia flights from KLIA to NAIA

Hi. I'm visiting Kuala Lumpur later this year and will be flying home from KL-Manila via AirAsia. I know that this might have been asked quite a lot but still, is AirAsia safe?

In light of the unfortunate events that had fallen on the airline earlier this year, has anyone tried traveling via this airline from Kuala Lumpur to Manila? If so, how was your experience? Was there any delays? Delays would not be good as we still have a domestic plane to catch.

Please help. Thanks!

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
37,748 posts
386 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: AirAsia flights from KLIA to NAIA

LOL

thousands use the airline every day!

We have flown then, not on your route, but not an issue at all, Flight was on time, no delays, and all went well.

You can never know about delays, as sometimes they are no fault of the airline.

I think you are worrying unnecessarily!

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
26,832 posts
2,227 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: AirAsia flights from KLIA to NAIA

I have done this route with AA several times. If you avoid airlines that have had fatal crashes in the past there may not be many options left.

Flying is still one of the most safest transport options.

delays are common at NAIA due to air traffic congestion. If you didnt factor in enough time to allow for the unexpected in relation to your connecting flight then you will only have yourself to blame.

Any and every airline has delays!

Tommo

Edited: 5:26 am, July 13, 2015
Manila, Philippines
8 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: AirAsia flights from KLIA to NAIA

Thanks a lot for the fast reply, guys! I just got a reply from a friend who traveled this route a week ago and I'm glad she said all good things about the airline. No delays, even arriving earlier than expected.

How many hours allowance do you usually give to be able to catch the domestic flight? I'm planning to choose a flight 4 hours after the ETA. Would that be enough?

4. Re: AirAsia flights from KLIA to NAIA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, July 14, 2016