We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alone is Asia XD

Kuala Lumpur...
1 post
Alone is Asia XD

Hi, I'm from Malaysia and am currently trying to plan my first "travel alone" trip to visit other Asia countries such as myanmmar, thailand, cambodia, vietnam and bali. Maybe not all of them at once but being a first time traveler I have no idea on where to begin to plan my trip and could really use some help. What is the best route to travel from Malaysia, and how many days should I spend in each countries, plus how much budget should I have, and what's the best time to visit them. And I could use some travelling tips too. Thanks. =D

Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
5,380 posts
101 reviews
1. Re: Alone is Asia XD

You should have a look at the forums for the destinations you are interested in. You'll get lots of information there.

There is also a "Solo" forum on this website which you'll find useful.

Trisha

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
37,955 posts
386 reviews
2. Re: Alone is Asia XD

The best help we can offer really is to suggest you research, yes doing it yourself! Surprising I know. But not that radical really, and may actually answer many of your basic questions and you can then figure out a plan.

Along with where you intend to journey to, you need to consider your actual budget, likes and dislikes, your expectations for the holiday, your style, your requirements / must haves or must avoids, how far do you want to travel and how you want to travel, what have you shortlisted, what appeals and what have you thought ‘no way’ etc etc etc. We can’t plan to design your trip, but we can give you pointers when you have more of a plan to help you fill in the blanks!

It is not so much how much it will cost, but how much can you afford.

Use the green banner and FAQs on the forum pages. In the various forums where you want to travel look at the green banner at the top of this page and check out the ‘Travel Guide’ [in the MORE tab] and ‘Things To Do’ tab which list lots of pointers of what to see and where to go as well as other information like restaurants, and Hotels tab where you see the full range of hotels / apartment rental / B&Bs etc for that area, see what appeals to your actually budget / style / requirements and you can also look at nearby hotels on a map, as well as read recent reviews

then on the right check out FAQs / top questions about . . . . . .

--------------------------->

Everyone forgets or misses the Green Banner and the Top or Frequently Asked Questions/FAQs [especially if using smart phone / tablets / tablets], which are packed with lots of really great information about lots of really useful information!! If you are accessing TA via the smart phone / tablet app’ you won’t see the Green Banner or FAQs in the normal app view on your phone, so suggest that you view the app it as full site mode / desk top view; or just use a laptop or pc to enjoy the information that has been collected. The Top Questions / FAQs ---> are on the right of all forum pages, you may have to click on ‘show more’ to reveal the full list!

Also read JBR / just back reports / trip reports etc or search and read some of the questions already posted in this forum. Lots of really useful information about already posted.

have a look at skyscanner for information flights, bus or train times. Look at a map and see what you want to see and then research how you can get there.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
3. Re: Alone is Asia XD

Hi,

Bali will be separate from the rest. So guess you could do Bali first.

For Thailand, with present military coup and curfew, KIV.

So guess, next can do both Vietnam and Cambodia and use land/river transfer (e.g. via Mekong river)

Then later Thailand,and up to North of Thailand you can go over to border of Myanmar,and possibly you want Laos also.

Then for Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar-what we could grouped as Indochina-suggest you allocate a time frame that you are comfortable with,then you can cross border by land,and even ferry..but check all visa requirements first.

If you are holding a Malaysia passport- need visa beforehand for Myanmar.

How long to spend in each..well it depends on how much time you have,and what savings you have now...as how much time, can decide the mode of transport,and that will have an impact on budget..e.g. one can take a train from Bangkok to Siem Reap or just take the plane,or one can take a train or even bus from KL into Bangkok or just an AirAsia flight.

4. Re: Alone is Asia XD

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, May 28, 2015