We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How can I fit in these places in a week?

Melbourne
9 posts
Save Topic
How can I fit in these places in a week?

I'm going to Malaysia for a couple of weeks and looking to potentially visit the following places:

- Gua Tempurung caves

- Kuala Gandah Elephant Sanctuary

- Gunung Senyum Forest

- Kota Bharu

- Taman Negara

- Cameron Highlands

- Penang

I'd want to stay in KL for at least three or four nights but I'm happy to take out a week or so traveling from place to place. We would like to try the train and are looking for a logical sequence of places to visit without spending heaps on travel costs. We have a hotel booked out in KL for the whole two weeks so we're not against day trips or tackling a few places at a time...

I'd like to visit some rainforests and caves as well as some of the Islamic areas (which is why I have Kota Bharu) - if you have some other suggestions than what I listed feel free to suggest them.

Also, I was wondering if anyone has an experience with hiring a private guide (we'd prefer a Muslim) to take us around and what price we're looking at paying.

As Muslims, we're not interested in things like partying, alcohol, etc, but we would like to try the local cuisine and maybe stay away from areas that are full of tourists.

Thanks.

1. Re: How can I fit in these places in a week?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 31, 2014