We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Asia Hot Seat

Abu Dhabi
Level Contributor
100 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Air Asia Hot Seat

Hello,

I'm sure there are a number of threads on this topic however I'm still very confused about the details:

Hot seats from rows 1 to 5: do they have more legroom than standard seats? all from 1 to 5 or is it only row 1?

Hot seats by the exit doors: do they have more legroom than hot seats in the first 5 rows?

Please advise. Thanks

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
1,517 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Air Asia Hot Seat

Hi zazazi , row 1 will definitely have more legroom, don't think row 2 to 5 is any different in legroom than the rest of the seats. Can't really comment on exit rows which usually has better legrooms for premium airlines but still can't tell for sure for Airasia as I rarely venture beyond row 1 ;)

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
1,517 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Air Asia Hot Seat

Just to update, I've just bought a ticket to Bangkok and it seems my usual seats were taken and I ended choosing exit row, from what the seat map shown, it seems that 14A has got no seat infront , so will have better legroom than the rest.

Abu Dhabi
Level Contributor
100 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Air Asia Hot Seat

Thanks RioJ. I believe its either row 1 or the exit seats

Petaling Jaya...
Destination Expert
for Malaysia
Level Contributor
6,838 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Air Asia Hot Seat

yes, the exit row has better leg room than the normal seats.

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Ubud, Bali, Dublin
Level Contributor
6,995 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Air Asia Hot Seat

Hi,

From experience Hot Seats do not have extra legroom except may be exit row and row 1, but the main point is also to board first.

Abu Dhabi
Level Contributor
100 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Air Asia Hot Seat

The cost of a window seat is almost one quarter of an isle seat both on the same row at the exit door....and the middle seat is not bookable at all.....I don't get it..where is the trick here?

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur, Macau, Hong Kong
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Air Asia Hot Seat

Hi,on which aircraft- on A330 there are no middle seats that are close to the emergency exits.

Further more,not really desirable as it is close to lavatory.

If you go further to the back,seats can be cramped as aircraft fuselage tapers towards the back of the plane.

Kota Kinabalu...
Level Contributor
466 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Air Asia Hot Seat

Hi,

here is the answers:

For legroom, nothing different between hotseat and others except the 1st row. The only difference is that you'll be among the first to go to the plane as well as to go down.

The 14A or 14F where there's no seat in front on you is not available in AA. Only available on MAS mostly with boeing aircraft not airbus.

the seats at the back also the same as the seats in the front except the 1st row.

Regards

Abu Dhabi
Level Contributor
100 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Air Asia Hot Seat

According to the seating plan on the A330, there are two emergency exit doors one at row 15 and the other one at row 35.

I believe row 35 is next to the toilets.

Row 15 has only 6 seats, three on either side of the plane and no middle seats. The strange things is that the Isle seat costs 4 times as much as the window seat and the seat in the middle between the isle and the window seats is not bookable (I read on another forum that that middle seat is too small and is never occupied). Is there any explanation for the huge difference in price between the isle and the window seats on the emergency exit?

I would really appreciate your advice.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
1,517 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Air Asia Hot Seat

Hi,

You got me confused when you mentioned about row 1 to 5 being hot seats, because that only applies to regional flights operating A320 and B737, and the exit row occupies row 13, which has bigger legroom as well as the row 14 which on flights with B737 , will have no seat in front. Yes Airasia does operate very few B737 flights, especially from on their Thai Airasia FD flights.

As for A330, the hot seats are only for select rows on the bulkhead and exit rows. You wil also have to understand that Airasia squeezes in an extra seat per row to make it a 3-3-3 configuration rather than the standard 2-4-2 configuration as normally available on other airlines. The exit row window seat is treated as a normal seat (not a hot seat) as the exit door will have taken some space of the window seat as when closed, it appears jutted out, and with Airasia's narrower seat pitch (it has 51 rows of seats compared to 40+ rows in premium airlines), you will find you need to angle your legs in order to have more legroom.