We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Asia

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
626 posts
54 reviews
Air Asia

Hello! Can anyone tell me if it is possible to change an Air Asia ticket? I'd like to change the departure date and the destination. Departure city will remain the same. I can't find that answer on their website.

Thank you!

Longleat

5 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
6,263 posts
21 reviews
1. Re: Air Asia

You can't.

On some tickets you can change the date with an additional fee, but you can't change your destination city.

All explained here:

https:/…

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
626 posts
54 reviews
2. Re: Air Asia

Thank you!

Penang Island...
Destination Expert
for Penang, Penang Island, George Town, Tanjung Bungah, Batu Ferringhi
Level Contributor
13,205 posts
209 reviews
3. Re: Air Asia

Only for a very, very big fee as I found out when I put the wrong month in once!

India
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
5,844 posts
174 reviews
4. Re: Air Asia

Your better off binning the ticket and buying a new one. Trying to get tickets changes and the like is not worth the hassle (and cost). Of course you can get a refund of airport taxes (minus a fee and charges) You cannot change destinations on a confirmed ticket, only times and other details, like extra luggage.

Level Contributor
6,263 posts
21 reviews
5. Re: Air Asia

#4, although that works be true for the majority of short flights, it actually worked out a lot cheaper for my when i had to change dates on my Air Asia X flight from Australia to Chiang Mai. I actually didn't even know i could charge the date till I was fiddling in "manage my booking", and it was all done in a matter of minutes.

Reply to: Air Asia
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted