We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

90 minute transfer time at KL airport enough?

Calgary, Canada
2 posts
Save Topic
90 minute transfer time at KL airport enough?

Hey guys. First time flying to Asia in September with my gf. We are coming from Canada to Thailand for a 18 day vacation, we are thinking to see Bangkok then Krabi then check out Bali. We have found a inexpensive flight(s) from Krabi to Bali with a short (layover) in Kuala Lumpur.

It will be 2 separate flights, 2 separate tickets, both with Air Asia. The flight from Krabi to KL and the flight from KL to Bali only have a 90 minute window in between (layover)

We each will be carrying 1 carry on and 1 backpack so we will not check in any bags. We both have Canadian passports.

My question is will 1 hour and 30 minutes be enough time to catch our flight to Bali?? Will we have to switch terminals and do customs and all that stuff?

The next flight that day is 5 hours after, I absolutely hate long layovers and would really like it if I didn’t have to spend 6 and a half hours in a airport.

If anyone can answer my question it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Asia Langkawi
Hotel Asia Langkawi
330 Reviews
Langkawi, Malaysia
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Krabi Town
Krabi Town
Krabi Province, Thailand
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Kuala Lumpur
Kuala Lumpur
Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
7 replies to this topic
Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
8,518 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 90 minute transfer time at KL airport enough?

Are you sure 1 'carry-on' + 1 'backpack' will be allowed on an Airasia flight?

"Each guest is allowed one piece of cabin baggage AND 1 laptop bag OR 1 handbag on-board. The main cabin baggage shall not exceed 56cm x 36cm x 23cm and does not weigh more than 7kg. This baggage should also be able to fit under the seat in front of you or the overhead compartment."

If no checked bag then enough time for int'l transfer. No immigration etc needed. You'll need to do online checkin but that can be done 14 days ahead of time or something like tgat. If checked bags not enough time. In either case no protected connection.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
8,518 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 90 minute transfer time at KL airport enough?

Oh and all in the same terminal - KLIA2

Calgary, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 90 minute transfer time at KL airport enough?

You can delete this thread. I was looking at pics and vids of KL before booking flights and the city looks too sexy to just fly through so I booked my flight to Bali for the next day. Now we get to spend 26 hours in KL :)

We are planning to stay at trades hotel directly in front of the towers and have dinner at the sky bar.

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
25,998 posts
2,189 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 90 minute transfer time at KL airport enough?

Great idea and you will enjoy the best views of Twin Towers sitting around the pool area.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
8,518 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 90 minute transfer time at KL airport enough?

Smart move! It is mesmerizing up there as night falls!

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
3,780 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 90 minute transfer time at KL airport enough?

Great idea to stay overnight. KL is a fabulous city!

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
5,289 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 90 minute transfer time at KL airport enough?

I agree, KL is a great city and often overlooked , so I am glad you will get to experience a stay there.

Cheers

Sean

Reply to: 90 minute transfer time at KL airport enough?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted