We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is travelling to Vang Vieng alone a good option?

Xi'an, China
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Is travelling to Vang Vieng alone a good option?

Hi, all.

I am at present in Vientiane and desire to visit Vang Vieng. As i am new in the town, and don't have many friends or the persons I know have already get plans. So I am thinking of traveling to VV by myself.

But my concern is whether is it fun ( less importantly safe) to be in VV as a female solo traveler. It seems that cave exploring or floating will be far way funner if going with large group of people.

Your opinions are highly appreciated here...

Vientiane, Laos
Destination Expert
for Vientiane
Level Contributor
3,336 posts
278 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is travelling to Vang Vieng alone a good option?

Going alone is fine. Lots of people visit every day and it is not far - just 3.5 - 4 hours by bus.

Xi'an, China
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Is travelling to Vang Vieng alone a good option?

Thank you so much, Bluecramp. Is it possible to follow group guided tour in VV?

Vientiane, Laos
Destination Expert
for Vientiane
Level Contributor
3,336 posts
278 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is travelling to Vang Vieng alone a good option?

There are tours of the area offered by travel agents in VV - but you don't really need to. Better and much cheaper to just get a map and rent a bicycle.

Xi'an, China
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Is travelling to Vang Vieng alone a good option?

Got it.. Thanks again.

5. Re: Is travelling to Vang Vieng alone a good option?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, November 29, 2014