We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

vip bus from Vientiane to Chiang Mai

Which Vientiane hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Beijing, China
2 posts
Save Topic
vip bus from Vientiane to Chiang Mai

I'm planning to take the bus from Vientiane to Chiang Mai[ Thailand]; Shall I first to go to Udon Thani then to Chiang Mai? Or should I take the bus to LP Laos, then change the bus to Chiang Mai? Thanks.

Vientiane, Laos
Destination Expert
for Vientiane
Level Contributor
3,122 posts
277 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: vip bus from Vientiane to Chiang Mai

If you only want to get from A to B and aren't concerned about the places inbetween, then go through thailand - the roads are much better, the buses better and faster.

Udon to CM is an overnight bus trip.

Through Lao is more like 2 long days.

However - if you have time then the Lao route is more interesting and memorable.

Beijing, China
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: vip bus from Vientiane to Chiang Mai

Thanks for the reply. The Nokair provides fly& ride services. Man can start with the bus from Vientiane to cross the Frindship Bridge then take the Thai Bus to Udon Thani airport, then continue the jouney in Thailand.

3. Re: vip bus from Vientiane to Chiang Mai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, February 04, 2014