We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best use of 4 days

Which Vientiane hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
13 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Best use of 4 days

My wife and i live in KL and have traveled to most SE Asia locations ... except Laos. I have a 5-day 'weekend' (thanks for those Malaysian holidays) and quickly bought tickets to Vientiane for 4 days. I am now trying to build out the trip. We would like to eventually visit Luang Prabang ... is this the trip? I thought I could fly VT>LP>VT, but don't see any connections on normal website checks. I also see the drive seems to be onerous (and I have to return to VT to fly home).

My questions really are 1) are flights available that I'm just not seeing, and 2) even if I could fly, is 4+ days enough to see both places anyway... I'm thinking (hoping) that there's enough in VT to keep us occupied 4+ days and can enjoy the Laos experience (with day trips, etc.).

lewes uk
Level Contributor
9,215 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best use of 4 days

Hi,

Yes, there are several daily flights between VTE and LPQ with Lao airlines and central Lao also have flights so you could do it for three days and 'top and tail it' with Vientiane.

Four days in Vientiane would be fine too if you like walking, relaxing and good food, I'd plan a day trip or two though to see some countryside.

Cheers

Vientiane
Level Contributor
6,124 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best use of 4 days

There are numerous flights daily with Lao Airlines and Lao Central Airlines from Vientiane to Luang Prabang. I would spend 2 days in Vientiane and three in Luang Prabang.

Vientiane, Laos
Destination Expert
for Vientiane
Level Contributor
3,135 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best use of 4 days

www.laoairlines.com

You can book online at no more expensive than at their office.

I would spend your first afternoon & night in Vte then fly to LP the next morning on the first flight, then come back to Vte on the last flight the day before your flight back to KL.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
13 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best use of 4 days

Thanks for your inputs ... I now see the domestic flights available on Laos Airlines website and will figure out an arrangement to visit both LP and VT ... looking forward to seeing Laos.

5. Re: Best use of 4 days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, January 19, 2014