We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Decisions, decisions

andyr8603
Level Contributor
23 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
Decisions, decisions

Am thinking of going straight from Vientiane to LP without stopping at Vang Vieng. If we did this it would give us an extra 2 nights, which we could spend at Vientiane or LP or a night at each. Any thoughts?

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
19,270 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Decisions, decisions

why not fly from Vte to Phonsavan (on plane schedules as KXH) and see the Plain of Jars - this will use up your two nights. Lao airlines fly 3x weekly from Vte to XKH so you'd need to be lucky enough to get their flight days to match with your travel days. PoJ is absolutely worth a visit.

You can bus/minibus from Phonsavan to LP.

Vientiane
Level Contributor
6,432 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Decisions, decisions

Why not fly from Vientiane to Luang Prabang?. There is a 9.15 am flight which means you get nearly all of that day there as well.

andyr8603
Level Contributor
23 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Decisions, decisions

Thanks, am going to fly from Vientiane to LP, just not sure wether to spend the extra nights in LP or Vientiane, Think I'm going to go for LP. Will do PofJ when I return in 2 years :-)

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,802 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Decisions, decisions

Hi,

I would spend any extra nights in LP for sure. But I must say that Vang Vieng was such a highlight of our trip. Yes you lose a day in a mini van to get there, but the journey is also the destination for us and I enjoyed the scenery and seeing local villages along the way. And VV itself is spectacular.

I guess it depends on your inerests. VV has lots of outdoors attractions, like caves, kayaks, hikes and gorgeous water holes to take a diip.

But if your time is limited, I think extra time in LP will be well worth it.

If you need more info about VV, let me know or search this forum. Hope this helps,

- K

kgbtravels.blogspot.com.au

andyr8603
Level Contributor
23 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Decisions, decisions

Thanks K. Read some of your blog, fascinating stuff! Thanks again

Edited: 6:47 am, October 15, 2012
6. Re: Decisions, decisions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 am, December 15, 2013