We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renting bicycle to move around Vientiene

Which Vientiane hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kuala Lumpur...
5 posts
Save Topic
Renting bicycle to move around Vientiene

Hi there I would like to rent a bicycle for 2 days and cycle around the Vientiane city.How much is the rental and could you recommend some good bicycle rental shops I can go to for a reasonable price?

Santa Cruz, Cal
Level Contributor
815 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Renting bicycle to move around Vientiene

PVO has bicycles I don't know how much, they are now over by the UXO center on the road between the morning market and the post office couple blocks and to the right get a hobo map when you get to town at one of the minimarts, I am sure there are others downtown

Vientiane, Laos
Destination Expert
for Vientiane
Level Contributor
3,166 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Renting bicycle to move around Vientiene

Lots of guesthouses around the river rent them as well as PVO - generally 10,000kip ($1.25) per day. If you are staying downtown you'll see plenty of them at the side opf the road for rent.

Kuala Lumpur...
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Renting bicycle to move around Vientiene

Thanks for the advise, do you think its advisable to cycle from the hotel in Vientiane town to Buddha Park? Of its better to take a bus? How many hours does it take to reach there?

Vientiane, Laos
Level Contributor
84 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Renting bicycle to move around Vientiene

PVO is a good place to rent bicycles; they are actually located as shown on the map here: spotonlaos.com/place/… . The price is 10,000 kip per day ($1.25 USD).

Buddha Park is quite far to go by bicycle, unless you are fit and have half a day. You can get there by public bus from the Morning Market for only 6,000 kip (under $1 USD), and it takes under 1 hour each way. Plan for at least 4 hours for a trip to Buddha Park and back to town.

Kuala Lumpur...
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Renting bicycle to move around Vientiene

Thank you for the guidance :-)

Vientiane, Laos
Destination Expert
for Vientiane
Level Contributor
3,166 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Renting bicycle to move around Vientiene

It is a nice cycle ride if you are used to cycling. I have a good bike and it takes me about an hour from town to the Buddha Park, but on one of the rentals it would probably take almost double this.

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kurashiki, Cambodia, Myanmar
Level Contributor
16,080 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Renting bicycle to move around Vientiene

Closer to the center of town, the Douang Deuane Hotel rents bicycles. That is where I usually get mine, for 1 day up to a week. You have to leave a piece of ID with them, so it is good to have a color copy of your passport. About $1 a day, it is very reasonable. PLEASE do not forget to lock up the bicycle and NEVER EVER go cycling around with valuables in the basket.

8. Re: Renting bicycle to move around Vientiene

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, December 09, 2013