We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jewellery & Tailors

Which Vientiane hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Jewellery & Tailors

Hi, can anybody please advise where is the best place to buy ethnic style jewellery in either Laos or Cambodia...or is it everywhere. We had some clothese made recently in Vietnam and was wondering if there are tailors in either Laos or Cambodia that are of a similar quality. Thanks

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kurashiki, Cambodia, Myanmar
Level Contributor
16,070 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jewellery & Tailors

I wouldn't really recommend having clothing tailored in Laos, unless it is something they normally wear there like the wrap skirts or blouses.

Re: the jewelry- the preferred metal of choice is 22 or 24 kt gold, and the markets carry a lot of that, see the jewelers upstairs at Talat Sao market in Vientiane and also the gold shops on Samsenthai street.. Lots of cool little buddha pendants in plastic cases, the outside of which is 22 kt gold. There are a few handicraft shops that sell ethnic items (Rufus, help me out here!), I think one of them is across from Talat Sao market, next to the PTT(post, telephone & telegraph) office.

Vientiane
Level Contributor
6,154 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jewellery & Tailors

There are quite a few places in Samsenthai road. Actually you can find them all over Vientiane.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jewellery & Tailors

Thanks guys..as usual..most helpful

4. Re: Jewellery & Tailors

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:07 am, February 03, 2012