We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

buy daily contact lenses

Which Vientiane hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sedalia, Missouri
3 posts
Save Topic
buy daily contact lenses

Hi,

My daughter will be travelling to Cambodia and Laos, Nov - Dec 2010, does anyone know where she can buy daily contact lenses? she will be able to bring a supply, with her but will need to buy more possibly in Laos, as this will be about half way, through her trip.

Thanks

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
16,771 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: buy daily contact lenses

I would suggest that she buy all what she need before your trip to avoid disappointment. Does she have a favorite brand for her contact lenses? You could buy them in Cambodia and Laos but the variety would be not as varied as what you would expect.

But if you have no choice then it is better to buy those in Cambodia rather than in Laos because of better choices of brand or grade.

Vientiane, Laos
Destination Expert
for Vientiane
Level Contributor
3,135 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: buy daily contact lenses

The optician on the ground floor of the Talat Sao mall in Vientiane has a selection of brands of daily contact lenses. They are more expensive than the various internet lens suppliers but useful if you get stuck.

Laos
Level Contributor
502 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: buy daily contact lenses

I use an opticians near the morning market bus station - very good service but limited range. Thailand has far greater options available.

Vientiane
Level Contributor
6,128 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: buy daily contact lenses

Yes, the optician near the Talat Sao Bus station is probably the best around. Agree with Lao Info. By the way, this is not dearer than buying them in a western country.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,466 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: buy daily contact lenses

Hi,

As information, as noted, you will find the widest selection of both lenses and the associated solutions here in Thailand, but on the whole they will be priced either just as much or slightly more than you'd pay "at home", depending largely on what specific lens you wear.

In part the pricing issue stems from the fact that unlike many US health-care policies, most Thai health-care policies don't have either an optical or contact lens "rider" that provides for an annual lens supply or rebates against their purchase price.. So they're bought here at full-price.

I agree with the others, to avoid possible disappointment or simply lack or availability issues, I'd bring an ample supply to cover the entire duration of the trip..

Travel Safe,

6. Re: buy daily contact lenses

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:36 am, December 16, 2010