We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beer Lao Dark

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
437 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Beer Lao Dark

I drank Beer Lao Dark in Phnom Penh this year but couldn't find it in Siem Reap.

Is it readily available in Vientiane and Luang Prabang?

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kurashiki, Cambodia, Myanmar
Level Contributor
16,096 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beer Lao Dark

Is it available in VTE and LP? Of course it is, it's Beerlao, Lao beer!

Beerlao dark is my favorite beer, I drink it every visit there!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
437 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beer Lao Dark

Thanks Maneki. I know it is a Lao beer but reading a couple of your posts you specifically mentioned restaurants where you got it so I assumed it may not be available in all of them. I just wanted to make sure I could find it.

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
16,096 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beer Lao Dark

While every place in Laos will serve Beerlao, only select places wil serve Beerlao dark. You have to ask for it, or look for it in the refrigerator cases in the restaurants. I always manage to find it, though...

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
418 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beer Lao Dark

we just got back from Luang Prabag and my hubby also enjoyed the Beer Lao Dark and everywhere he wanted one he was able to get it. We did pick up a few in the little grocery shops so that he could enjoy them whilst sitting on the balcony at our hotel

Good luck and enjoy

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
16,096 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beer Lao Dark

In September in Luang Prabang, I ate at a bunch of little local places (that did not cater to tourists) and they did not have it, but they certainly had plenty of regular Beerlao.

6. Re: Beer Lao Dark

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, May 20, 2010