We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Asean games in December

perth, western...
1 post
Save Topic
Asean games in December

I have just realised I will be in Vientienne from 5-8 December and the Asean games start on the 9th! I haven't booked accommodation yet - was going to find something when I get there - are places going to be full?

Vientiane, Laos
Destination Expert
for Vientiane
Level Contributor
3,319 posts
280 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Asean games in December

A large 'village' has been constructed near the stadium for the teams and support (18km from Vnte), but the town will certainly be busier than normal. You should be fine if arriving on the 5th, but it might pay to book in advance anyway.

Vientiane
Level Contributor
6,437 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Asean games in December

Definitely book now. here will be many visitors from neighbouring countries.

Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
554 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Asean games in December

Bummer. I was planning to be there around those dates. Do you know when the Games will end?

Santa Cruz, Cal
Level Contributor
815 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Asean games in December

the manager of Lane Xang hotel told me last month that every room in VTE is sold out for the ASEAN games dates, LX is building 38 new rooms on the fourth floor for it

Vientiane
Level Contributor
6,437 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Asean games in December

Games end on the 18th.

Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
554 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Asean games in December

Thanks for the info.

Laos
Level Contributor
502 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Asean games in December

Games are 6th-18th December and accommodation situation is getting pretty full. Smaller boutqiue hotels and guesthouses are your best chance - the ones too small for the Government to bother with and pre-book all their rooms.

8. Re: Asean games in December

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, May 16, 2010